Next Seasons Roster

Next year (if we snag Atewe and Sai) we will be a bubble team. The next year we will get in the tourney and the year after that we could be a potential sweet 16 type of team IMO

Love the optimism but completely disagree. The guys coming in have great potential, sure, but they're all inexperienced. Even the transfers sans Petteway. Who do you think had more talent: the team Miles will have next year or the team Calipari brought in this year? They didn't make the tourney in a much weaker league. The team's talent level will be so far beyond what we saw this year, but due to inexperience they will be extremely inconsistent and will probably only have a couple more wins. That's how college basketball works.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Another 2-3 conference wins is reasonable but after that they get a lot harder to come by. I hope I'm wrong but it's going to take awhile.

bball_backer is a great mind... Talent wise this will be the best team Nebraska has had in many many years... but lets also remember that outside of Gallegos, most of these guys have 1 or less years of experience.

That being said.. look at some of the teams that have made a run in the NCAA tournament in the past--- those teams that have a young core group that learn and grow together.

in 2 years this team will have a lot more experience... and imagine in 3 years.. having learned together and maybe added a couple more 4/5 stars to bring in more talent and depth...

The kid will be B1G freshman of the year. I've re-watched a few of his games, and this kid is going to have other schools questioning why they didn't find him. He will average 20 ppg. I'm becoming more and more confident about making the touney next year. It's crazy to hear me say this, because i've always been in the 3-4 years away crowd. But with Gallegos, Shields, Pettit (averaged 29 in high school) Pitchford, Biggs, and Webster, we will make a huge jump. Hell we won 6 B1G games with no bench at all. 9-9 gets into the touney. I think we have a slim chance next year, and a very good chance the year after.

Hope you are spot on, but my thoughts are tempered somewhat by the fact that Shields didn't even make the league freshman TEAM this year..........

Gallegos, Pitchford, Webster, Biggs, Shields, Petteway, Vucetic, Rivers, Fuller, Hawkins, Parker. Wow. Just wow. This has got to be the most talent we've had on a roster. Ever. Am I forgetting anyone?

Ever? Strickland, Boone, Pike; Farmer, Venson, Miki, etc.; Tryron and pals; Reid and Pals; etc. We've had some talented squads before (even though quickly off the top of my head, I am probably mixing and matching some players with other groupings incorrectly).

I agree the talent level will be HUGE in terms of the last few years, but potential must mature into actuality before we can anoint next years group as Best Ever. jmo

Shields, Gallegos, Parker, Rivers, Pitchford, Petteway and Biggs have all been at the same practices this season though. It isn't exactly like there will be 7 new faces for the players next season. I don't think that means an NCAA berth by any means, but this team should be able to get 8th in the conference and find their way to the NIT.

Shields, Gallegos, Parker, Rivers, Pitchford, Petteway and Biggs have all been at the same practices this season though. It isn't exactly like there will be 7 new faces for the players next season. I don't think that means an NCAA berth by any means, but this team should be able to get 8th in the conference and find their way to the NIT.

Exactly, Biggs Pettaway and Pitchford have been playing together daily for the entire year. Biggs is a JUCO all American PG, both the transfers played at BCS schools. Webster has Olympic/international experience.

IF we sign Atewe and either Sai or Leslee we will be practically 10 deep. Sai has a year of experience in the B1G.

We went 5-13 this year correct? 3 more Conf wins gets us to 8-10. How is that not pretty dang close to a bubble team?

Now if we don't snag some post help I agree that it could be another long year and it could be rough. But IF we snag a couple more bodies in the paint we will be a NIT team and on the edge of a bubble

• Fire 1

Exactly, Biggs Pettaway and Pitchford have been playing together daily for the entire year. Biggs is a JUCO all American PG, both the transfers played at BCS schools. Webster has Olympic/international experience.

IF we sign Atewe and either Sai or Leslee we will be practically 10 deep. Sai has a year of experience in the B1G.

We went 5-13 this year correct? 3 more Conf wins gets us to 8-10. How is that not pretty dang close to a bubble team?

Now if we don't snag some post help I agree that it could be another long year and it could be rough. But IF we snag a couple more bodies in the paint we will be a NIT team and on the edge of a bubble

practicing and actually playing are two different things.

That being said, i think 8-10 in conference is very do-able. That could put us around 18-20 wins.

The kid will be B1G freshman of the year. I've re-watched a few of his games, and this kid is going to have other schools questioning why they didn't find him. He will average 20 ppg. I'm becoming more and more confident about making the touney next year. It's crazy to hear me say this, because i've always been in the 3-4 years away crowd. But with Gallegos, Shields, Pettit (averaged 29 in high school) Pitchford, Biggs, and Webster, we will make a huge jump. Hell we won 6 B1G games with no bench at all. 9-9 gets into the touney. I think we have a slim chance next year, and a very good chance the year after.

Hope you are spot on, but my thoughts are tempered somewhat by the fact that Shields didn't even make the league freshman TEAM this year..........

Gallegos, Pitchford, Webster, Biggs, Shields, Petteway, Vucetic, Rivers, Fuller, Hawkins, Parker. Wow. Just wow. This has got to be the most talent we've had on a roster. Ever. Am I forgetting anyone?

Ever? Strickland, Boone, Pike; Farmer, Venson, Miki, etc.; Tryron and pals; Reid and Pals; etc. We've had some talented squads before (even though quickly off the top of my head, I am probably mixing and matching some players with other groupings incorrectly).

I agree the talent level will be HUGE in terms of the last few years, but potential must mature into actuality before we can anoint next years group as Best Ever. jmo

Ha ha! Okay, maybe EVER is a bit of a stretch. But that's what we do in the off-season--drink the Kool-Aid. And get psyched up for next season. :lol:

Seriously though, if we could add one top notch, seasoned big man to that squad above then it would be right in there among the best we've ever had.

Well, the name might hurt us in consideration if we are only 8-10 in the conference and without any significant non conference wins. Iowa finished 9-9 in conference play, with a similar non conference record, but only got a 3 seed in the NIT. Hardly considered as a real bubble team.

Well, the name might hurt us in consideration if we are only 8-10 in the conference and without any significant non conference wins. Iowa finished 9-9 in conference play, with a similar non conference record, but only got a 3 seed in the NIT. Hardly considered as a real bubble team.

Is our non con finalized yet? You will be excited

Iowa's noncon was horrific. NU's will be nowhere near that bad.

Again, appreciate all this enthusiasm, but gonna rain on the parade.

Biggs - it takes JUCOs at LEAST half a season, often times 2/3 to a full season to get acclimated. Just ask Jeter, Walker, Talley, etc.

Petteway - you are correct, played some significant minutes in the Big 12.

Pitchford - you can't count him as experienced. He played a total of 22 minutes on the season.

Webster - should be good, but he wasn't exactly dropping 30 on the US

And as for practicing together all year - that certainly helped, but they were running scout team. Completely different playing against an untalented starting 5 in practice than playing in a real game with people watching.

Last year, had we went 9-3 in out of conference play (maybe beat kent state) and had 3 more key wins (that close game against UW, MSU, and another close game like Illinois) in the regular season (total of 19-12/ 8-10conf record) then we would be in the ncaa tournament, probably 16th seed.

Last year, had we went 9-3 in out of conference play (maybe beat kent state) and had 3 more key wins (that close game against UW, MSU, and another close game like Illinois) in the regular season (total of 19-12/ 8-10conf record) then we would be in the ncaa tournament, probably 16th seed.

an at-large invite to the NCAA tournament never gets a 16 seed.