Skeptic/Believer

Ohio State, Wisconsin were far beyond mediocre. UCLA and Georgia was not a lot better yards wise, but closer scores.

I agree he still is not a good head coach, and the main reason is because he is so stubborn. I like his fire, but he needs to understand that this really could be his last year here. If we have the same type of blow outs as last year, I do not see him surviving it. Really do not want to see that happen, because I think he is still two full years away from having a good balanced team. Next year the offense will be a problem, just like the youth will be a problem on defense this year. Still hoping I am surprised by the results, but skeptical to say the very least.

I dont see how he's so damn stubborn as folks make it out to be. He's adjusted his offfense. He changed his staff around. He's taken a more serious approach to recruiting. Granted, some of these adjustments have come within the last couple of years, so it may take a year or two more to start seeing the results. But I'd be willing to bet that he's changed up the way he does 75% job from his 1st year to now. Most of that is probably things we'll never know the extent of.

Yes, he does come off as stubborn though. But I'm not gonna tie that to the way he coaches like he's totally against any change whatsoever when he's getting curbstomped.

Ohio State, Wisconsin were far beyond mediocre. UCLA and Georgia was not a lot better yards wise, but closer scores.

I agree he still is not a good head coach, and the main reason is because he is so stubborn. I like his fire, but he needs to understand that this really could be his last year here. If we have the same type of blow outs as last year, I do not see him surviving it. Really do not want to see that happen, because I think he is still two full years away from having a good balanced team. Next year the offense will be a problem, just like the youth will be a problem on defense this year. Still hoping I am surprised by the results, but skeptical to say the very least.

I dont see how he's so damn stubborn as folks make it out to be. He's adjusted his offfense. He changed his staff around. He's taken a more serious approach to recruiting. Granted, some of these adjustments have come within the last couple of years, so it may take a year or two more to start seeing the results. But I'd be willing to bet that he's changed up the way he does 75% job from his 1st year to now. Most of that is probably things we'll never know the extent of.

Yes, he does come off as stubborn though. But I'm not gonna tie that to the way he coaches like he's totally against any change whatsoever when he's getting curbstomped.

They claim he is stubborn because they want to bitch but they really don't know what to bitch about. You are right, he has shown he is far from stubborn when it comes to managing the program.

They claim he is stubborn because they want to bitch but they really don't know what to bitch about. You are right, he has shown he is far from stubborn when it comes to managing the program.

I wouldnt say that. At first, sker's fan would drive me nuts. But lately, last year or so, he has very legitimate concerns. He just sees it in a different light than me. I just dont think Bo is nearly as stubborn as people want to make him out to be. Him taking part in and actually coming up with the idea for that harlem shake video should be enough to squash a god's plenty of the false perceptions of Bo Pelini the person, AND the coach.

Stubbornness is a quality you want in a head coach. However, like most things, it's a double-edged sword. Bo's stubbornness has done our program a tremendous amount of good and a little amount of bad, but he seems to have recognized ways in which he needed to reshift over the last ~1.5 years. Give it time fellas.

We're gonna be alright.

i will have to agree wt someone above who said that more blowouts and a 10-4, 9-4 record may make this Bo's last year hear. Even without the blowouts, I think the fan base is getting restless and Bo needs to produce some hardware within the next 3 years max. This year and next (I don't think we fall off much wtout TM) we will have an explosive O, and if the D talent is as good as Bo advertises (again - I won't believe until I see it on the field) than we should win the CCG and a significant bowl wiithin the next 2 years. If we have talent on both sides of the ball and still end up wt a 4 loss season - then it is the coach. Can't blame the players not executing forever. I was a huge Bo fan when he came but these 4 loss seasons are becoming weary. As Dirk said recently, He's not good enough to get us the championships but not bad enough to be fired (paraprhase) - I do hope he is able to make it all happen this year - I don't want to go through another coach search.

THEY see blowouts under a supposed defensive genius. THEY see roster management as a lost art at Nebraska. THEY see 4 losses and in honesty should have been more. THEY see an offense that seems strong, but when they play real teams the offense is not that affective. I see a team that is seldom ready to play under the spotlight. I see a team that really has not developed much in 5 years. Bolievers see a new defense that has few returning starters, quite a that may have never played a down in college football as this end saving unit. No logical reason other than, did you see that kids high school video. WE have learned that real player performance is rated much higher by this staff prior to the season than during the season.

THEY see blowouts under a supposed defensive genius. THEY see roster management as a lost art at Nebraska. THEY see 4 losses and in honesty should have been more. THEY see an offense that seems strong, but when they play real teams the offense is not that affective. I see a team that is seldom ready to play under the spotlight. I see a team that really has not developed much in 5 years. Bolievers see a new defense that has few returning starters, quite a that may have never played a down in college football as this end saving unit. No logical reason other than, did you see that kids high school video. WE have learned that real player performance is rated much higher by this staff prior to the season than during the season.

youre a skeptic I bet.

:lol:

I see indignant whining.

After reading some of the comments herein, for those of you who think Bo is going to be fired this coming year or in the near future if he "only" wins 9 games +, you’re off your rockers. He would have to have more like a 6 or 7 win season before the powers would make a move and more likely he would leave on his own if the fans started getting organized and forced a decision. I know he is not a well loved person (within the big donor circles) but if he gets 9 wins this year and next and the next and so on, he will have to leave on his own before he is thrown out. IMO

After reading some of the comments herein, for those of you who think Bo is going to be fired this coming year or in the near future if he "only" wins 9 games +, you’re off your rockers. He would have to have more like a 6 or 7 win season before the powers would make a move and more likely he would leave on his own if the fans started getting organized and forced a decision. I know he is not a well loved person (within the big donor circles) but if he gets 9 wins this year and next and the next and so on, he will have to leave on his own before he is thrown out. IMO

Even if we get taken to the shower Jerry Sandusky style like last season against Wisky and tOSU? That shows me that we are not improving. It also shows systematic issues in the program. No one wants us to get abused like we have in some of our defeats but those two drubbings last season were Callahan style

As much as I would hate to see it happen, 9 wins this year with blowout losses with this perceived easier schedule could spell serious SERIOUS trouble for the Pelini era. With that said, I dont see that happening. Though I see 2-3 losses at this point, I see the losses being pretty competitive. Bo's job is still safe for the foreseeable future in my eyes.

After reading some of the comments herein, for those of you who think Bo is going to be fired this coming year or in the near future if he "only" wins 9 games +, you're off your rockers. He would have to have more like a 6 or 7 win season before the powers would make a move and more likely he would leave on his own if the fans started getting organized and forced a decision. I know he is not a well loved person (within the big donor circles) but if he gets 9 wins this year and next and the next and so on, he will have to leave on his own before he is thrown out. IMO

Even if we get taken to the shower Jerry Sandusky style like last season against Wisky and tOSU? That shows me that we are not improving. It also shows systematic issues in the program. No one wants us to get abused like we have in some of our defeats but those two drubbings last season were Callahan style

Let's just say that with the spotlight that was upon us during the firing of Solich, it will take more than us only having 9 win seasons to push him over the edge. I hope he corrects the problems we have seen over the past few years and I think he could. If he has 9+ wins it will most likely be good enough to keep his position "Unless” and I say this with caution; “unless he goes ballistic on the sidelines and embarrasses the University with his antics to a point that the boosters use that as their reasoning to fire him”! I know the majority of alum who are big donors had a HUGE problem with his sideline behavior 2 years ago and were annoyed last year a few times but reeled in their emotion because they seen his effort in controlling himself better. However, if he reverts back to pre-B1G sideline behavior, then and only then do I think a nine win season wouldn’t be good enough to retain his position.

Now; should that occur, where do we lure our next coach from and what will they think of us terminating another 9 win coach? Would the sideline antics that caused Bo’s demise be something that a new potential coach would see as justified reaction by the admin? :dunno