New B1G Divisions

I don't have any problems but if it starts being that the East is winning the Big 10 Championships just like the South was in the Big 12 then i do have a problem. the worst thing you can do is have an unbalanced conference. Being in a weaker division didn't help us in the Big 12 and won't help us in the Big 10.

A big reason it didn't help us in the Big 12 was for 5 years we had a terrible coach who really hurt the program. And honestly it doesn't matter what the divisions are, Michigan and Ohio St. are as close to Texas and OU as far as probably going to get all the top recruits and hype. Rearranging the conference is going to change that.

I hate these. No parity at all. This is just like the Big 12 North and South. Once again we will be in the weak division no one cares about. This also hurts us in recruiting. We can't sell the fact that we play Michigan, MSU and Penn State every year. I am not a fan. This seems to show favoritism towards Ohio State and Michigan.

Also, why the heck would Maryland need a traveling stipend for this layout?!

My vote would be for a North/South division. With this, you are moving Wisconsin out of the old Leaders division into the new "North" and plugging Maryland and Rutgers into the "South". Or if you want the balance of strong teams a little more equal, keep the original Leaders and Legends, with the exception of moving Indiana or Purdue into the Legends division and putting Maryland and Rutgers into the Leaders.

North

Iowa

Minnesota

Michigan State

Michigan

Nebraska

Northwestern

Wisconsin

South

Illinois

Indiana

Ohio State

Penn State

Purdue

Rutgers

Maryland

• Fire 1

I don't have any problems but if it starts being that the East is winning the Big 10 Championships just like the South was in the Big 12 then i do have a problem. the worst thing you can do is have an unbalanced conference. Being in a weaker division didn't help us in the Big 12 and won't help us in the Big 10.

A big reason it didn't help us in the Big 12 was for 5 years we had a terrible coach who really hurt the program. And honestly it doesn't matter what the divisions are, Michigan and Ohio St. are as close to Texas and OU as far as probably going to get all the top recruits and hype. Rearranging the conference is going to change that.

K but that terrible coach also got us to the Big 12 Championship game where we lost to OU 21-7. From 2000 to 2010 we appeared in the Big 12 Championship game 3 times and lost all 3. playing in the weaker division didn't improve our chances of making the Big 12 Championship Game. Right now in the Big 10 the divisions are pretty good as far as strength. Moving Michigan and Michigan St to the other division it makes our division weaker if we are in exhange getting the bottom rungs in the leaders division. How is that helping us? Are we huskers afraid of playing the best every year? Moving both Michigan and Michigan St hurts us.

PSU is going to be terrible, very soon, for a long time, don't forget that. MSU showed its true colors last year, they are basically like Iowa and the 3 time defending Big 10 Champ is in the west.

Just like PSU was horrible last year, like everyone thought? I thought they were completely under rated last year, and with their limited roster, they did extremely well, especially under a new coach and system. I think PSU will be just fine, especially if they are picking up top rated kids with the limited scholarships they can give, like the 5* QB they got this year. O'Brien is a damn good coach, and I don't see them being bottom feeders, and will have much more success under him, than they did Paterno.

They did have alot of senior leaderhsip on last years team that is gone now. We will see them take a step back this year, maybe drop back to 5-6 wins. And you can't really expect Christian Hackenberg to step in right away and lead them to another 8-9 win season.

not to mention, how long is bill o'brien going to be there? he was already sniffing around the nfl.

PSU is going to be terrible, very soon, for a long time, don't forget that. MSU showed its true colors last year, they are basically like Iowa and the 3 time defending Big 10 Champ is in the west.

Just like PSU was horrible last year, like everyone thought? I thought they were completely under rated last year, and with their limited roster, they did extremely well, especially under a new coach and system. I think PSU will be just fine, especially if they are picking up top rated kids with the limited scholarships they can give, like the 5* QB they got this year. O'Brien is a damn good coach, and I don't see them being bottom feeders, and will have much more success under him, than they did Paterno.

They did have alot of senior leaderhsip on last years team that is gone now. We will see them take a step back this year, maybe drop back to 5-6 wins. And you can't really expect Christian Hackenberg to step in right away and lead them to another 8-9 win season.

not to mention, how long is bill o'brien going to be there? he was already sniffing around the nfl.

I'd maybe give him another year or two, NFL teams will throw tons of money at him.

I'd maybe give him another year or two, NFL teams will throw tons of money at him.

he should have gone this year, if he is going to go at all. he way over-performed and the bears and to go to canada, canada for chrissake, to find a coach. but, yeah, i think last year was their last bright spot and it will be an uphill battle for them here on out.

My vote would be for a North/South division. With this, you are moving Wisconsin out of the old Leaders division into the new "North" and plugging Maryland and Rutgers into the "South". Or if you want the balance of strong teams a little more equal, keep the original Leaders and Legends, with the exception of moving Indiana or Purdue into the Legends division and putting Maryland and Rutgers into the Leaders.

North

Iowa

Minnesota

Michigan State

Michigan

Nebraska

Northwestern

Wisconsin

South

Illinois

Indiana

Ohio State

Penn State

Purdue

Rutgers

Maryland

No way will the schools for this kind of split. The North Division would be way to one sided when it comes to football.

North

Iowa

Minnesota

Michigan State

Michigan

Nebraska

Northwestern

Wisconsin

South

Illinois

Indiana

Ohio State

Penn State

Purdue

Rutgers

Maryland

No way will the schools for this kind of split. The North Division would be way to one sided when it comes to football.

Agreed. Nebraska would go from being in the "bad" division to the "good" one

I don't like it. Very similar to big 12. All the states with population and the most recruits are in same division.

I completely agree and thought that wow this will turn out just like the Big 12 was for us, but the Crossover game may help TBD.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Call me skeptical from past Big XII experience but I am nervous with both Michigan and OSU in the same division. I know the Big Ten does a much better job of not bowing down to certain teams. But, this much power concentrated on one side of the conference might not be good.

Agree. I wish we had one of the Michigan teams and give them the Illini.

The lack of depth will be what catches up to them. Their starters MAY be on level with the others, but from about the mid-3rd quarter on, you're really gonna see that team struggle, most likely in the trenches.

Depth took a tole on them this year as well, and O'Brien is going to have to do what he can to manage the clock as much as possible.

I just don't see PSU being "terrible". Terrible to me is what Illinois had for a record last year, or only winning 3-8 in conference play. The great thing about their situation, is every kid is going to be motivated to step up when they need to be, because of the lack of depth. I was shocked to see them have the success they had last year. Yes, I do believe Hackenburg will go in, make a huge impact. 9 win season, no, but at least a 6-7 win season. I would honestly be shocked if PSU was below a .500 team.

They will be terrible, I guess it depends on your defintion of that. Will they be a 1-2 win team? Probably not, because they can probably still grab 2-3 non conference wins each year and maybe two more in conference.

If you think they were underrated last year, I would have to ask you, who did they beat? When you really look at who they beat, they beat Wisconsin, thats it.

Now, secondly, all the coaches now have a year of film on the new PSU offense, that makes a HUGE difference in coaching.

Thirdly, they can't afford one injury to a starter, they can't afford one starter getting into trouble.

4th, O'Brien is not staying...that cat is gone to the NFL after this year.

Also, I don't think that they had a limited roster last year, that kicks in now, I think, down to 65.