New B1G Divisions

It looks unbalanced, based on recent years records. The East will be much tougher than the West, if the status quo remains.

Good for Nebraska, but seems a bit unfair to the East teams.

Depends on how recent your "recent" is. Over the past couple years, probably. Over the last decade, Iowa probably has as good of a record as Michigan and Illinois had some pretty decent teams as well.

Probably slightly stronger in the east but with MSU headed the wrong way and Penn St. with a long road ahead of them, it might not be too bad for the next few years.

PSU is going to be terrible, very soon, for a long time, don't forget that. MSU showed its true colors last year, they are basically like Iowa and the 3 time defending Big 10 Champ is in the west.

Just like PSU was horrible last year, like everyone thought? I thought they were completely under rated last year, and with their limited roster, they did extremely well, especially under a new coach and system. I think PSU will be just fine, especially if they are picking up top rated kids with the limited scholarships they can give, like the 5* QB they got this year. O'Brien is a damn good coach, and I don't see them being bottom feeders, and will have much more success under him, than they did Paterno.

If we get Purdue in lieu of Indiana, it will likely be a full recruiting cycle of four years with some players never playing a team (Indiana) within their own conference even once.......fwiw.......

Not sure I follow you. Even on an eight game schedule, you'd have six division games and two against the other division which means you'd play each team at least every four years.

I meant because we are already in year 3 and no Indiana YET on the schedule. It's just a fluke, but I was pointing out that because they were scheduled to be the last B1G we faced, another change in schedule could cause a recruiting class to never have played them. Not a big deal, just odd.

PSU is going to be terrible, very soon, for a long time, don't forget that. MSU showed its true colors last year, they are basically like Iowa and the 3 time defending Big 10 Champ is in the west.

Just like PSU was horrible last year, like everyone thought? I thought they were completely under rated last year, and with their limited roster, they did extremely well, especially under a new coach and system. I think PSU will be just fine, especially if they are picking up top rated kids with the limited scholarships they can give, like the 5* QB they got this year. O'Brien is a damn good coach, and I don't see them being bottom feeders, and will have much more success under him, than they did Paterno.

They did have alot of senior leaderhsip on last years team that is gone now. We will see them take a step back this year, maybe drop back to 5-6 wins. And you can't really expect Christian Hackenberg to step in right away and lead them to another 8-9 win season.

They did have alot of senior leaderhsip on last years team that is gone now. We will see them take a step back this year, maybe drop back to 5-6 wins. And you can't really expect Christian Hackenberg to step in right away and lead them to another 8-9 win season.

The lack of depth will be what catches up to them. Their starters MAY be on level with the others, but from about the mid-3rd quarter on, you're really gonna see that team struggle, most likely in the trenches.

I don't like it. Very similar to big 12. All the states with population and the most recruits are in same division.

I completely agree and thought that wow this will turn out just like the Big 12 was for us, but the Crossover game may help TBD.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Call me skeptical from past Big XII experience but I am nervous with both Michigan and OSU in the same division. I know the Big Ten does a much better job of not bowing down to certain teams. But, this much power concentrated on one side of the conference might not be good.

I don't have any problems but if it starts being that the East is winning the Big 10 Championships just like the South was in the Big 12 then i do have a problem. the worst thing you can do is have an unbalanced conference. Being in a weaker division didn't help us in the Big 12 and won't help us in the Big 10.

The lack of depth will be what catches up to them. Their starters MAY be on level with the others, but from about the mid-3rd quarter on, you're really gonna see that team struggle, most likely in the trenches.

Depth took a tole on them this year as well, and O'Brien is going to have to do what he can to manage the clock as much as possible.

I just don't see PSU being "terrible". Terrible to me is what Illinois had for a record last year, or only winning 3-8 in conference play. The great thing about their situation, is every kid is going to be motivated to step up when they need to be, because of the lack of depth. I was shocked to see them have the success they had last year. Yes, I do believe Hackenburg will go in, make a huge impact. 9 win season, no, but at least a 6-7 win season. I would honestly be shocked if PSU was below a .500 team.

Willing to bet that these divisions aren't set for more than two years of play.

That's what I was just thinking. What happens when we get an influx of UVA/GIT/FSU/etc.?

Hopefully my 4 division idea. I think that will foster better rivalries, more diverse schedules and better division races.

Willing to bet that these divisions aren't set for more than two years of play.

That's what I was just thinking. What happens when we get an influx of UVA/GIT/FSU/etc.?

Hopefully my 4 division idea. I think that will foster better rivalries, more diverse schedules and better division races.

I wish the B1G would make two more offers ASAP to whoever will be the best fit, and make it a 16 team conference. We need stability rather than expansion speculation.

I wonder if the new divisions will actually be called east/west or retain the legends/leaders brand?

I hope they go to east/west. I know its generic and doesnt have alot of pizazz, but I have never like the legends/leaders names. And idk if east/west is that bad, when we played in the Big 12 it was north/south.

legends of the east division

leaders of the west division