1: husker_99 must be on spring break.

2: Solich took over a program that just completed the best dynasty ever and destroyed what was.

3: Callahan continued the destruction regardless of some of the recruits he got. It all starts with recruiting, but it ends with player development.

4: Bo came in and took over the program. A first time head coach that has learned on the fly and continues to win. You don't win 9 or more games every year as a head coach if you don't know what the ^&*( you are doing. You lose games and units play bad because of poor recruiting and poor player development. There is a two year gap of poor recruiting for the defensive side of the ball and it showed last season. It takes two to three years to "replenish" the poor recruiting with better athletes.

5: The team needs to play with some tougher balls and the way you accomplish that is practice harder. That is what is being done this spring. But it needs to continue into the fall.

6: The WR group this year might end up being the best in school history.

7: The running offense is one of the best in the entire country and there shouldn't be no reason why we do not finish near the top again.

8: Beck is the new offensive coordinator and he has a good system going now. We have some good coaches in the program now. But we need stability in the staff so we can keep building those recruiting pipelines....and that is already started with the 2016 class.

9: Teams that win conference championships often times have QBs that won state championships in high school. The data overwhelming supports this. For example, look at who the QBs were when Florida was winning the SEC and who their QBs were and how they did in high school (don't be a fool and fall a trap for the recruiting rankings for QBs....that is the last position you want to do that with).

10: To win in the B1G you need to dominate the LOS.....this isn't a pass happy league where you win by having 20 defensive backs on your roster.

I could say more but that is enough for now.

Lastly, it blows my mind how anyone could support the coaching job of Solich or Callahan.......they were terrible and there is a reason why neither is a head coach for a major BCS program.

We WILL win a conference championship soon and a national championship within the next decade.

The 2000s went down as the lost decade.....amazes me how people do not see that.

^^^^^^^^^^^

The curse of HuskerBoard.

There is no curse. It was simply due to a poor hire and crappy coaching and crappy recruiting. Then a second hire that was terrible and we all know the results. We are now back to winning at minimum of 9 games a season and that should continue to get better. We have to have stability in the program before we have a shot at getting back to the top. You need stability in your coaching staff to develop relationships in recruiting that go three classes ahead with the way things work in recruiting these days.

The 2000s went down as the lost decade.....amazes me how people do not see that.

^^^^^^^^^^^

The curse of HuskerBoard.

There is no curse. It was simply due to a poor hire and crappy coaching and crappy recruiting. Then a second hire that was terrible and we all know the results. We are now back to winning at minimum of 9 games a season and that should continue to get better. We have to have stability in the program before we have a shot at getting back to the top. You need stability in your coaching staff to develop relationships in recruiting that go three classes ahead with the way things work in recruiting these days.

I agree with you, Inwi. This thread is misleading as Solich's leaving wasn't the curse. The Solich and Callahan eras were a big step back for Nebraska. Bo has been course correcting, and it has been paying dividends, though not there yet. However, with the influx of new talent through the strong recruiting efforts, we should see better performance as these recruits learn the system.

Pelini lost the '09 XII title. 3rd andt seven on our last drive, and we dive Rex to set up the chip shot for Alex. If we get that 1st, we control the game. Play action and hit McNeil in the flat, let him dive for the sticks. We played with nothing to lose to that point. I was never a big Callahan guy, but his call to play action and hit Nunn on a short out a great call, and would have worked if not for some horrible luck. What sucks is that we may never play texas again in my lifetime to avenge any of those losses.

I'll go along with this theory. We've taken steps to undo the curse....honoring solich and such...restoring TO to power...purging the evil. A good comparision is probably the tale of Beauty and the Beast. He was appalled by the old lady because of her hideous looks and became hideous until an unbiased party could see past his hideous looks. So Nebraska was appalled by Solich's job and has become equal to the old lady (solich's on the field performance I guess) and until an unbiased third party excepts Nebraska despite the Solich win-loss records the curse will remain...that is until the Rose dies and we remain medocre for the end of our days.

So the third party needs to be beautiful because Beauty was beautiful...so in this case beautiful would mean an entity whose opinion was relevent...so Minnesota fans thinking we're a good team means nothing...we need ESPN or FOX 1 to see our program for perfection despite the record! I would think the B1G selecting us to be their expansion team would count but I guess not. Perhaps the transformation from beast to prince is a slow process and the B1G just nullified their effects by selecting Maryland and Rutgers thus exposing a lack of taste. Let's face it, Beauty thinking the Beast was attractive would mean nothing were she a whore. So now it's Delaney's fault!

So to summarize my theory....

We need the media to see us as a wonderful program even when we lose and all of this must happen before the Rose bowl becomes extinct...perhaps the playoffs will diminish the rose bowl's worth and it eventually disappears or is renamed into the Macy's Day Parade Bowl! Dear God we MUST break the curse. Perhaps ESPN can be bribed...we should've joined the SEC.

Brilliant

How much patience does Husker nation have? Someone help me out here. Oz did not win a Big 8 title right away?

Not till his 6th year if that. Some pretty embarrassing losses to Oklahoma in that time as well.

Technically it took Osborne 3 years to win a conference title.

However that's kind of unfair. The 1975 conference title was shared with Oklahoma as both Nebraska and Oklahoma went 6-1 in conference that season.. but OU beat NU 35-10.

Osborne's 2nd conference title came in 1978. Also a shared title with Oklahoma as both Nebraska and Oklahoma once again went 6-1 in conference that season.. that year NU beat OU 17-14. (but then turned around the next week and at home to unranked Missouri.)

To put it in perspective, Nebraska had won 3 conference titles in a row before Osborne took over (1970, 1971, 1972 and shared the title in 1969) and when Osborne took over Nebraska was not even a co-champion for 4 of the next 5 years. (and the one they were again was that 1975 season.)

Osborne's first unshared conference championship came in 1981. His 9th year as head coach.

How much patience does Husker nation have? Someone help me out here. Oz did not win a Big 8 title right away?

Not till his 6th year if that. Some pretty embarrassing losses to Oklahoma in that time as well.

Technically it took Osborne 3 years to win a conference title.

However that's kind of unfair. The 1975 conference title was shared with Oklahoma as both Nebraska and Oklahoma went 6-1 in conference that season.. but OU beat NU 35-10.

Osborne's 2nd conference title came in 1978. Also a shared title with Oklahoma as both Nebraska and Oklahoma once again went 6-1 in conference that season.. that year NU beat OU 17-14. (but then turned around the next week and at home to unranked Missouri.)

To put it in perspective, Nebraska had won 3 conference titles in a row before Osborne took over (1970, 1971, 1972 and shared the title in 1969) and when Osborne took over Nebraska was not even a co-champion for 4 of the next 5 years. (and the one they were again was that 1975 season.)

Osborne's first unshared conference championship came in 1981. His 9th year as head coach.

I see what youre saying as far as shared titles, but in my opinion, when two teams have the same record, and one beats the other on the field, theyre the champions outright. It was settled between the hedges.