PS3!

I actually just got one a little while ago as well. Free online, the library of games is better than the 360's, and it will be supported for a long time to come. Plus, you don't have to mess with the Xbox's crappy menu screens and you get to use the PS3 controller (best controller out there. Xbox controllers are terrible layout and feel wise). And the PS3 is a lot quieter and cooler as well.

I would definitely disagree with that. I used to be anti xbox during the ps2 days, then I got a 360, and the controller, over time, is way more comfortable than the playstation one. And I used to be a sony nut all the way.

My hands are far to big to use the little tiny PS3 controllers they are a pain in the ass.

Not the physical aspects of the body of the controller - I really hate the asymmetrical design of the Xbox button/joystick layout. Also the button feel on the 360 controllers is quite stiff. I can't imagine playing a game like, say God of War on a new 360 controller, where the game requires quick button presses. I'm not sure how to describe it - the 360 buttons are a bit more difficult to press down and take a bit longer to pop back up. Only a tiny instant of difference, but enough where I really notice it and it bugs the hell out of me.

If someone bought a new PS3 today, their PS3 network purchases and games (both network and disk) will not be playable or transfer over to the PS4. And while PS3 online gaming is "free" (and reinforces the phrase "you get what you pay for"), it won't matter when players migrate over to the PS4 and there's no one to play with.

The bottom line is that someone looking for a new console would be doing themselves a disservice buying a new PS3 console now, as they would only gets months, maybe a year out of it before it realistically gets pushed to the wayside. :-|

There are costs and benefits to both. There are certain games for one you can't get on another, like Halo on 360 and God of War on PS3. The PS3 has a Blu-ray player and free online play but the 360's online network is far superior and safer. And I believe the 360 is cheaper.

I would say 360 but you really can't go wrong with either.

Not the physical aspects of the body of the controller - I really hate the asymmetrical design of the Xbox button/joystick layout. Also the button feel on the 360 controllers is quite stiff. I can't imagine playing a game like, say God of War on a new 360 controller, where the game requires quick button presses. I'm not sure how to describe it - the 360 buttons are a bit more difficult to press down and take a bit longer to pop back up. Only a tiny instant of difference, but enough where I really notice it and it bugs the hell out of me.

Don't use a controller for the choice. You can buy 3rd party gamepads with the format of the other system.

I have used both gamepads alot. I have a PS3 and in the last year have mainly gamed on a PC. For PC the Xbox360 controller is the 'best' option for a gamepad, as it is plug and play with pretty much anything that also appeared on a console. I prefer the layout of the PS controller, but I prefer the size of the 360 pad (I have big hands)

Honestly right now a PC is probably a better option than either console.

Better yet: don't base a choice on any one factor. I bought a PS3 over Xbox for many reasons. But it's a matter of personal preference; the 360 is a fine system that has obviously sold many units for good reason.

Exactly. I bought a 360 and love it, but I see the positives to owning a PS3. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Better yet: don't base a choice on any one factor. I bought a PS3 over Xbox for many reasons. But it's a matter of personal preference; the 360 is a fine system that has obviously sold many units for good reason.

Exactly. I bought a 360 and love it, but I see the positives to owning a PS3. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

It also depends if there's a particular game that is released only for that specific console...

I'm a big Project Gotham Racing fan

This +1,000,000, especially if you want a "new" console now.

For ~$600, you can make yourself a nice entry level gaming rig that will likely be just as powerful on day one as the new PS4 and Xbox systems will be.

For ~$600, you can make yourself a nice entry level gaming rig that will likely be just as powerful on day one as the new PS4 and Xbox systems will be.

You don't buy consoles for strictly power; you buy them for AAA exclusives that aren't available on pc, and for the living room gaming experience.

You don't buy consoles for strictly power; you buy them for AAA exclusives that aren't available on pc, and for the living room gaming experience.

So tell us again how much fun your WiiU is? Because if you're buying a console *just* for AAA exclusives, you sure as hell aren't getting a PS3 or XBox 360. :-|