2013 starting lineup guesswork

I think that the staff is going to use the opening games very wisely, subbing a lot of players in and out, putting different groups of players on the field together, and generally trying to find the best fits on defense. While it would be nice to have a good idea of how things will be by UCLA, I think that improved speed and tackling will make a MAJOR difference in that game in comparison to how things went down last year. Other than that, there will be a good bit of time to figure things out and I wouldn't be suprised to see a different front 7 (maybe 11?) start every game.

QB- Martinez

RB- Abdullah

FB- Zimmerer

WR- Bell

WR- Enunwa

WR- Turner

TE- Long

LT- Sirles

LG- Cotton

C- Pensick

RG- Long

RT- Rodriguez

RE- Gregory

DT- Curry

DT- D. Nuts

LE- Ankrah

LB- Z Anderson

LB- Santos

LB- Afalava/Brown

NB- Evans

CB- Baptiste

FS- H. Jackson

SS- Cooper

CB- Mitchell

I think ARod is a good linemen, just not at OT. I just don't believe he has the foot speed to handle a DE off the edge. He is much better off in the interior.

Speaking the truth

I'm kind of pissed nobody has mentioned Michael Rose at LB yet.

Don't be pissed, he isn't Courtney Love

Can you further explain? Are you referring to the physically maturity Love has shown?

Love showed up ready to ball. Turning a lot of heads

That just means he will start duh! I think there are multiple players who turn coaches heads when they get to practice, and come ready to play ball. Not taking anything away from Love, but he most likely won't start. There is a lot of talent in front of him, who have 1 year up on him on the fundamentals of the defense. He has a lot to learn, even if he is understanding the playbook.

NebraskaHarry, why would you be pissed no one has mentioned Rose? Its not like we have been able to see him play yet, and know for sure if he is going to be a starter. Especially over Anderson or Santos.

Courtney Love is pound for pound our most athletic linebacker currently, from what I've seen.

Rose is good, but doesn't compare athletically.

The only thing Rose has on Love, is the extra year of learning the defense. Size wise, Love. I am not going to say Love is more athletic than anyone, until I see him in our defense, on gameday. The most athletic and talented LB we have, is Z. Anderson. That kid is a beast, and was on beast mode with a tear in his ACL.

I think everybody is forgetting Max Pirman, this kid is destined to be a star.

I like Pirman. I just want to see these kids actually play a game, so we can see if they are what they are in practice.