LeBron/Kobe/MJ

Highlights from Jordan's first 2 Finals.

Where are all the clips of Jordan flopping to try to get a call???

The guy got a lot of calls, but I don't recall him being a flopper. I don't recall many guys at all doing that. It seems like the Spurs perfected that during their titles in the past decade and that everyone does it now.

The guy got a lot of calls, but I don't recall him being a flopper. I don't recall many guys at all doing that. It seems like the Spurs perfected that during their titles in the past decade and that everyone does it now.

I think Mavric was being sarcastic in reference to LBJ

I think Mavric was being sarcastic in reference to LBJ

I know. I was just trying to recall guys flopping all the time back then and I can't remember it happening much. That's probably the case since Stern is now talking about making penalties for flopping more harsh. It drives me nutz when guys pull this crap. Just play the game the way it was meant to be played and don't try to trick the refs into making the wrong call.

MJ did have the one play where he slapped his own wrist. That was just awesome!

I don't remember that one. Got a video?

I will try to find it. I used to try it as a kid. He went up for a layup, got contested by a straight up defender, spun in the air to where his back was from the basket, flipped it underhand over his head and hit his wrist with the other hand. And-one! It was cool!

No where comparable to LBJ's nightly display of theatrics.

So is this conversation over then? Regardless from here on out what happens, but I dont ever recall Jordan's teams every packing it in and gettin run out of the building on any stage, much less the finals. And here I was one somewhat taking LeBron's side in this, saying he's not done yada yada, but watchin last night, sorry, but this is dun. It's not even close.

• Fire 4

So is this conversation over then? Regardless from here on out what happens, but I dont ever recall Jordan's teams every packing it in and gettin run out of the building on any stage, much less the finals. And here I was one somewhat taking LeBron's side in this, saying he's not done yada yada, but watchin last night, sorry, but this is dun. It's not even close.

I'm okay with stopping the discussion. Can we have a thread dedicated to MJ's greatness instead?

I will give Lebron this; his game winning shots % in the playoffs is way better than Kobe's. I realize I'm linking a bleacher report article, but I found the source for this article last night and I think it's legit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1649603-comparing-lebron-james-playoff-buzzer-beating-shots-to-michael-jordans-best

Good find! He must have did it twice.

I remember him doing this, I just don't remember him getting a foul called because of this. I think he did it more than a couple times in his career but I'd never find the video of all of them.

I remember him using this several times in his career. Some not as successful as shown above. I think it was a cocky and one trick shot type of deal, not a deceit of the refs. I do remember him getting calls a couple times and after the whistle he would flick the ball to the basket. But it was after the whistle.

Jordan's Finals low was 22 points.

LeBron's is 8. EIGHT!

Don't forget his 15, 17, and 18 this series.

As much as all the Bron enthusiasts argue his overall game superior to MJ/Kobe, as their reasoning of greatest ever, they need him to score. Spolestra needs to start running LeBron at point forward. He's more comfortable with the ball in his hands. Stop trying to run him in the post. Run a conventional 1-4 low and load up the perimeter with shooters. Sit Wade and start Miller or Jesus. Wade is killing them right now. Passing up on 20ft jumpers to drive and jack something up. Give them shots to Ray. You can't run 20 seconds of shot clock and then get the ball to LeBron and hope he can bail you out. This series has sealed Boshs fate in Miami. He gone! I expect Miami to put the ball in Lebrons hands early and often. He may go off for 45 and hit the FT line about 20 times. Heat will lose and this series will be all but over. I said SA in 6. But if the spurs win tomorrow night, it may only take 5.

Looking like Spolestra is gonna take my advice and start Miller. Look for a more uptempo pace with the smaller lineup. Not sure this helps Miami. Might he playing into SAs hands as they have proven to have the more potent bench.