Golf Club Recommendations?

How much do you play?

What do you usually shoot?

which one of us?

The OP. Getting back to trying to help him out. I'm even more active on a golf forum and am a club ho.

gotcha... I can't wait to get back to SD and start playing on a regular basis. I was horrible at golf, but I enjoyed it...

Other than when I'm visiting Omaha/Lincoln, I practice or play every day. Glad the weather is finally turned. I will probably play 50 rounds this year.

I am completely envious... When I was a young buck in the army i was playing 9 holes on a thursday and 18 on a sunday...

How much do you play?

Well, I'd like to start playing more, but I think last summer I probably played 15 rounds on the lower end. But that doesn't include all of the par 3 rounds I play.

I'm pretty sporadic as far as score goes. But I usually manage to keep it under 100. I haven't figured my handicap but my avg round is probably a 92, give or take. I'm pretty shaky off the tee.

Sounds like a bunch of Ping elitists, go to a country club and try to buy a set of demo clubs, like Taylor Made. Picked up a set of Taylor Made MC Tour Preferred for $100 and they look brand new (less than a year old) because they never hit the course. My son loves them and this set usually goes for about $299 to $599 used for the full set.

How much do you play?

Well, I'd like to start playing more, but I think last summer I probably played 15 rounds on the lower end. But that doesn't include all of the par 3 rounds I play.

I'm pretty sporadic as far as score goes. But I usually manage to keep it under 100. I haven't figured my handicap but my avg round is probably a 92, give or take. I'm pretty shaky off the tee.

I put together a bag for a buddy of mine a few weeks, he wanted to keep it under $400. He already had a driver and I have him a 3W, so that cut a little cost. I posted on my golf forum and got a ton of great recommendations. I'll try to make some based on your skill level. Are you trying to buy from a big box store or are you OK using eBay?

Irons - Going to be your biggest investment. For your skill level, you can go with anything aimed at mid-high handicaps. I'd suggest looking at Taylormade Burner 2.0, PING G10, or Callaway X20. I'd suggest going with a set from 4 or 5 iron, depending on how well you hit longer irons, to gap wedge. This will probably be clubs that last the longest in your bag. $200.

Hybrids - Adams A7 or A7OS (oversided, more forgiving). Cheap and great. Pick up a 20 to replace a 3 iron and 23 to replace a 4 iron. $25 ea.

Putter - Cleveland Classic series. Go on eBay and search Cleveland Classic. Find the head that appeals to you the most. That series has great milled putters, comparable to any out there, and is dirt cheap. $25.

Wedges - Callaway Forged. Great wedges. Search for those on eBay and add "set." Find set that had gaps to match you irons. Usually gap wedge in iron sets will be 50. So look for 54/58, 55/60, 54/60, etc. $75

Driver - PING G15, Taylormade R9. Drivers have had COR (trampoline effect) maxed out for years. These are two great, forgiving models that are still comparable to the newest models. $50-75.

3W - PING G10, Taylormade R7. Forgiving and long. Good when the driver is acting up. $35.

Shoot me a message and I would be glad to help more or give more recommendations.

How much do you play?

I put together a bag for a buddy of mine a few weeks, he wanted to keep it under $400. He already had a driver and I have him a 3W, so that cut a little cost. I posted on my golf forum and got a ton of great recommendations. I'll try to make some based on your skill level. Are you trying to buy from a big box store or are you OK using eBay?

Irons - Going to be your biggest investment. For your skill level, you can go with anything aimed at mid-high handicaps. I'd suggest looking at Taylormade Burner 2.0, PING G10, or Callaway X20. I'd suggest going with a set from 4 or 5 iron, depending on how well you hit longer irons, to gap wedge. This will probably be clubs that last the longest in your bag. $200.

Hybrids - Adams A7 or A7OS (oversided, more forgiving). Cheap and great. Pick up a 20 to replace a 3 iron and 23 to replace a 4 iron. $25 ea.

Putter - Cleveland Classic series. Go on eBay and search Cleveland Classic. Find the head that appeals to you the most. That series has great milled putters, comparable to any out there, and is dirt cheap. $25.

Wedges - Callaway Forged. Great wedges. Search for those on eBay and add "set." Find set that had gaps to match you irons. Usually gap wedge in iron sets will be 50. So look for 54/58, 55/60, 54/60, etc. $75

Driver - PING G15, Taylormade R9. Drivers have had COR (trampoline effect) maxed out for years. These are two great, forgiving models that are still comparable to the newest models. $50-75.

3W - PING G10, Taylormade R7. Forgiving and long. Good when the driver is acting up. $35.

Shoot me a message and I would be glad to help more or give more recommendations.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Wish you would have made this post a week sooner. I just got back from a trip to Doral, paid for by Taylormade. Fitted me with 5 new clubs and all kinds of gear. Probably came home with $2500 in gear. I gave away my old stuff. Few to local HS kids who play, few to my buddies. I would have gladly hooked you up for cost of shipping.