Golf Club Recommendations?

There are many options for relatively inexpensive putters. However, I would strongly suggest that you actually try them out before you just go buy one off the internet. Various putters are made for various types of putting swings. A putter that one player drains putts with might not be one that the next guy can do it with.

I recently switched to an inexpensive snake eyes putter and absolutely love it. I'm making putts I haven't made in years.

There are many options for relatively inexpensive putters. However, I would strongly suggest that you actually try them out before you just go buy one off the internet. Various putters are made for various types of putting swings. A putter that one player drains putts with might not be one that the next guy can do it with.

I recently switched to an inexpensive snake eyes putter and absolutely love it. I'm making putts I haven't made in years.

I'd agree, putters can be had for very cheap. Go to Dicks or Golf Galaxy and try some out. Remember the make and model. Many manufacturers are releasing the exact same styles with little tweaks (colors, inserts, etc.) and you can get previous models for nothing.

The best new driver on the market today is the Callaway X Hot line. Same for fairway woods.

Agree to disagree ...

post-113894-0-71723100-1364875207_thumb.jpg

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I hope your game is better with the Stage 2.

I've hit that club numerous times and I just didn't like as much as others. I have it at #3 behind Callaway's X Hot and the new Titleist. The Stage 2's sound and feel were what ruined the club for me. I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to clubs though. I could care less about being able to change stuff with screws and all the changes you can make are what kill the sound as well....just doesn't sound or feel solid at all. I also found the X Hot to be a little longer and more consistent.

I have a set of Ping I-9 irons and can throw in a good driver and 3 wood. $400.00 and they are yours Lyns.

T_O_B

I've never heard of Ping i9 model. I'm not calling you a liar, I just game Pings and am a pretty big fan and have never seen them.

Sorry QM got the number wrong they are i 3'sping-i3-oversize-irons-2000

T_O_B

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I hope your game is better with the Stage 2.

I've hit that club numerous times and I just didn't like as much as others. I have it at #3 behind Callaway's X Hot and the new Titleist. The Stage 2's sound and feel were what ruined the club for me. I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to clubs though. I could care less about being able to change stuff with screws and all the changes you can make are what kill the sound as well....just doesn't sound or feel solid at all. I also found the X Hot to be a little longer and more consistent.

I was always a TM hater. I wasn't a fan of the white and their marketing strategies. I loved the Callaway Razr Hawk Tour driver but had too many problems with their composite heads. Three heads broke at the seam. Just too much time without a driver sending them back and forth to Callaway. I should probably give them another shot. Their Customer Service is great. I've never been a fan of Titleist brand, seems very elitist to me. My take, all of the heads are maxed out at COR, the distance gains are negligible. It is all getting fit for best loft and shaft for your swing. Understandably feel (sound) plays an important role, too.

The best new driver on the market today is the Callaway X Hot line. Same for fairway woods.

Agree to disagree ...

post-113894-0-71723100-1364875207_thumb.jpg

You can have all the technology in the world and nobody is going to agree with what club is best. Nor should they. There is a large part of golf club's success that is all in the mind. The golfer has to have the confidence that when he addresses the ball with a certain club that he can hit it with that club. You can have two exact same clubs but one be really shiny and pretty and one ugly and most golfers will hit them no where close to the same.

So, test out various clubs that are made for your golfing ability and pick the ones you like best and think you can hit the best.

PS....the above comment is most prevalent in putters.

I have the TM R11(460cc). Great club, but I was hitting the smaller R 9(440cc). Not much difference and I'm sure you can find the R 9 for next to nothing. All of the adjustable technology that all or most drivers have today at a fraction of the cost.

A buddy of min has the new titleist, he loves it. And my cousin swings the Cleveland classic, also loves it. So I agree with posters that said it really is a personal preference. Your senses will usually determine which one you end up getting. Feel, look, sound etc. it's why companies spend so much on aesthetics R & D.

• 2 weeks later...