Boston Marathon Explosions

It's neither shocking or sickening. It is a straight up fact. A Muslim, with a bomb, inflicting terror is indeed a terrorist.

What about a Christian, with a bomb, inflicting terror? Or a Pastafarian? :dunno

Yep. Those too. But Christian wasn't listed in the 3 criteria by Someone earlier in this post.

The religion of the person is not a factor in any way when it comes to defining who is a terrorist.

"Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding" Google it.

It's a factor if the terrorist uses it as a factor. That's why there are radicals

Religion doesnt matter. A person whom uses a bomb with the intention of killing and instilling fear is a terrorist, be him a christian, muslim, hindu, or buddhist

This. I don't get why people are attaching religion and nationality to the term "terrorist"

A terrorist wants to kill, maim, harm the bodies and psyche and spirit of an entire people. Not sure why we attached a dumb "towelhead" stereotype to the general description of a terrorist.

Whatever the motive of a terrorist is, it isn't important. In fact, it's the least important thing. What matters is not giving creedence to the effort that this individual is and not giving any concession to that person's cause. Terrorism can be defeated by not changing our daily lives or our viewpoints. They WANT us to freak out; we must not do so. Boston absolutely won. Destroyed the terrorist motives. Flying colors.

Unfortunately for the good Muslims, the majority of terrorists so far have turned out to be bad Muslims. Hopefully that group will figure their sh#t out before sh#t is figured out for them.

• Fire 1

Whatever the motive of a terrorist is, it isn't important. In fact, it's the least important thing. What matters is not giving creedence to the effort that this individual is and not giving any concession to that person's cause. Terrorism can be defeated by not changing our daily lives or our viewpoints. They WANT us to freak out; we must not do so. Boston absolutely won. Destroyed the terrorist motives. Flying colors.

Unfortunately for the good Muslims, the majority of terrorists so far have turned out to be bad Muslims. Hopefully that group will figure their sh#t out before sh#t is figured out for them.

Not to undermine your argument which I agree with, but motive should be of significant important to counter-terrorism efforts.

Not to undermine your argument which I agree with, but motive should be of significant important to counter-terrorism efforts.

Motive should be the most important thing, but when was the last time you saw a buddist run on to a bus with a suicide vest? It just happens that the "bad" Muslims are the group usually invovled in terroristic acts, it gives the rest of those that are Muslim a bad name.

What is a bit baffling to me though, are those Muslims that are peaceful, appear not to be as proactive about trying to "clear" their names, for lack of a better term. If I was Muslim, and these a'holes were running around, doing horrible things, giving my belief system a bad name, I'd want to do something about it....

Religion doesnt matter. A person whom uses a bomb with the intention of killing and instilling fear is a terrorist, be him a christian, muslim, hindu, or buddhist

This. I don't get why people are attaching religion and nationality to the term "terrorist"

A terrorist wants to kill, maim, harm the bodies and psyche and spirit of an entire people. Not sure why we attached a dumb "towelhead" stereotype to the general description of a terrorist.

It all started with the Libyans in that van in Back to the Future.

• Fire 2

It all started with the Libyans in that van in Back to the Future.

So you're saying we all need to keep that letter and piece it back together so we can be wearing a bullet proof vest at just the right moment?

Motive should be the most important thing, but when was the last time you saw a buddist run on to a bus with a suicide vest? It just happens that the "bad" Muslims are the group usually invovled in terroristic acts, it gives the rest of those that are Muslim a bad name.

What is a bit baffling to me though, are those Muslims that are peaceful, appear not to be as proactive about trying to "clear" their names, for lack of a better term. If I was Muslim, and these a'holes were running around, doing horrible things, giving my belief system a bad name, I'd want to do something about it....

I would like to see the Mullahs and Imans in the US and issue a statement against this form of "jihad". If it is not in line with main stream Islam, then speak out, condemn. Silence looks like acceptance..................

I think it fair to refer to it as silence. In some cases, some leaders will publically condemn these types of acts but I have not witnessed a widly held condemnation and it never seems to rise to the level of the gravity of the situation. I want to feel bad that the good are being lumped in with the bad but they sure aren't doing much to help their cause. It's easy to see how people can blur that line when it's not all that distinct of a line.

If they do it in the name and supposed ideology of their religion, then religion plays a big part of terrorism.