Bob Stoops comments on the SEC..

Northwestern beat TWO SEC teams last year.

This conversation is over.

Look, I hate the SEC but they beat Vandy and Miss. St and they were the bottom feeders in the conference.

Bottom feeders that were ranked high during the year (Miss. St.) and are ranked in preseason polls (Vandy). That is the point. Their bottom feeders get credibility by association. It is a joke.

I think they would be average in every BCS conference as well. Vandy lucked out by their schedule. And I dont think to highly of Miss. St either.

Look, I hate the SEC but they beat Vandy and Miss. St and they were the bottom feeders in the conference.

That's the point decked, as I agree with you. But the way the SEC is propped up as a whole all the time, Miss St and Vandy shoulda wiped the floor with Northwestern.

Our huskers-There is a legitimate case to be made that we were only really the 4th or even 5th best team in the Big 10 and took big bad NC contender Georgia to the 4th quarter. Had'em on the ropes at one time. Again, I dont think the debate is whether the SEC is the best or not. But rather, that the gap is actually not a fraction as wide as the SEC strokers want us to think.

+1

Kentucky lost to Louisville & Western Kentucky.

Arkansas lost to ULM & Rutgers

Ol Miss lost to Texas

Auburn lost to Clemson

LSU lost to Clemson

Miss St lost to Northwestern

Mizzou lost to Syracuse

Florida lost to Louisville

This just shows me that their conference is far from elite over the other conferences. Just because they happen to always have two of the most dominant teams nationally doesn't mean that the rest of the conference is as hard to deal with. Texas aTm showed that. One year removed from the Big XII they stepped right in and competed for the division.

+1

Kentucky lost to Louisville & Western Kentucky.

Arkansas lost to ULM & Rutgers

Ol Miss lost to Texas

Auburn lost to Clemson

LSU lost to Clemson

Miss St lost to Northwestern

Mizzou lost to Syracuse

Florida lost to Louisville

This just shows me that their conference is far from elite over the other conferences. Just because they happen to always have two of the most dominant teams nationally doesn't mean that the rest of the conference is as hard to deal with. Texas aTm showed that. One year removed from the Big XII they stepped right in and competed for the division.

Not to mention that Kentucky and Vanderbilt didn't beat ANY TEAM with end of season record above .500. I am not sure about the other teams, but those 2 for sure.

A&M was nothing more than an above average school in the Big XII and now they are a national power after one year in the SEC.

Perception means a lot in college football and that is a clear display of the ridiculous propaganda.

A&M also caught lightning in a bottle with the combination of Manziel and Sumlin. But I agree with you. If they continue to run a train through the SEC in the next couple years, then that will confirm what you are saying.

Big 12 will be absolutely better top to bottom this year. B1G is closing the gap quickly.

I hope you're right about the 2nd part, but the first part.... What....

I looked at this...

B1G.....SEC.....B12

tOSU...Bama...Texas

Mich....LSU......oSu

Neb.....UGA.....Okla

NW.....TA&M...TCU

Wisc...Florida...K St

MSU...SCar.....Baylor

PSU....OleM....WVU

Ind......Mizzou..TxTech

Iowa....Aub.......ISU

Minn....MissSt...KU

Purd....Arkan

Illini......Tenn

.............Vandy

.............Kent

After the top, the rest are pretty even. I think if you take the top 3 away, slide it down to KU versus Kentucky and then up (to go worst versus worst) I give the advantage to the B12 in every game

Kansas beats Kentucky

Iowa State beats Vanderbilt

Texas Tech beats Tenn

West Virg beats Arkan

Baylor beats Mississippi State

Kansas St beats Auburn

TCU beats Mizzou

And why does they SEC always have those 2-3 of the top 5 teams?

That's right. The damned propaganda. NO other team could lose a game, at home, costing them the division AND a conference championship game appearence only to be left high enough in the rankings to be able to regain a spot in the NC game a mere 3 weeks later.

That's right. The damned propaganda. NO other team could lose a game, at home, costing them the division AND a conference championship game appearence only to be left high enough in the rankings to be able to regain a spot in the NC game a mere 3 weeks later.

Very true. There is no excuse for Okie State not being in the NC game 2 years ago, or even Stanford. Nobody except SEC homers and ESPN wanted to watch a rematch of Bama and LSU...

And why does they SEC always have those 2-3 of the top 5 teams? That's right. The damned propaganda. NO other team could lose a game, at home, costing them the division AND a conference championship game appearence only to be left high enough in the rankings to be able to regain a spot in the NC game a mere 3 weeks later.
Very true. There is no excuse for Okie State not being in the NC game 2 years ago, or even Stanford. Nobody except SEC homers and ESPN wanted to watch a rematch of Bama and LSU...

I agree completely no one wanted to watch that rematch. I didn't even want to watch it or think they deserve to be there and I'm a Alabama fan.

Okie State lost to Iowa State. Alabama lost to LSU. I agree about not wanting to watch the rematch, but that is the system's fault.

Okie State lost to Iowa State. Alabama lost to LSU. I agree about not wanting to watch the rematch, but that is the system's fault.

Okie State lost AT ISU right after the plane crash. Alabama lost at home and only scored six points.

Okie State won their conference. Alabama didn't win their division.

I agree, it is the system's fault.

One was a conference champion despite the loss and one wasn't even a division champion with their loss. So, yeah. Definitely the system.

Okie State lost AT ISU right after the plane crash. Alabama lost at home and only scored six points.

Okie State won their conference. Alabama didn't win their division.

I agree, it is the system's fault.

Just look at this last year...Bama lost to Aggy and dropped 3 spots; KSU lost to Baylor and dropped 7; Oregon lost to Stanford and dropped 5. It is all hypocritical bullsh#t from ESPN and their cronies in the SEC.