SIGNED OT Nick Gates

Getting a foothold at Bishop Gorman might be just as big as Gates committing.

We already offered 3 guys for 2015 at BG

Staff is starting to really get smart I think. I've always felt like they needed to do stuff like this. They seem to be getting into big time HS programs that put out a lot of D1 talent and make great relationships. You really almost need 5-6 big time HS programs where you are treated well and vice versa and have a lot of pull in getting kids to commit to you. Looks like Bishop Gorman and Edna Carr are 2 schools we are looking to do this with.

It's not from a lack of effort. The staff had been in that school for years. The coach there really likes Bo and the staff. Some kids just don't wasn't to come here

Yep. Look at Grimble. Kid looked up to Suh and met him, a year removed from the great defense. Heard his dad loved Bo, but the kid wanted no part of Nebraska. Fortunately, he has really panned out.

However, in the end it came down to relationships that had been built with the coaching staffs that were recruiting him. He felt like he was the closest with the coaches from Nebraska and today he informed them that he was becoming a Husker.

"Yes sir, I just announced my decision to commit to Nebraska," Gates said. "I've been talking with my family over the last couple of weeks about making a decision and it became pretty serious with us. We decided that it would be Nebraska.

"All of the other schools, I felt like I had a good opportunity at, but I just felt like I had the best state and the best relationship with all of the coaches at Nebraska."

HuskerOnline Article