Bands that should not have been as big as they are or were

I can't stand AC/DC because it all sounds the same. The more I actually learn to play guitar, the more contempt I have for the band. All of their songs are 3 chords, which in and of itself is not an issue, as most songs are 3 chords. The problem is their entire body of work is the same 3 chords.

To me Rush has two very good musicians in Peart and Lee, but I can't stand Lee's voice, and the guitar parts don't do a damned thing for me.

The Chili Peppers have always been a hit and miss band for me. Each album has about 3 songs I really like a lot, and the rest is just meh.

Megadeath is another one that I just don't get the long running appeal of.

So what bands do you like

I have a CD collection that has more than 600 discs. A few, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, TOOL, APC, Offspring, Stone Sour, Deftones, Zeppelin, BOC, Metallica, Disturbed, Machine Head, Mastodon, Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Jimmy Hendrix, Heart, Halestorm, Lacuna Coil, White Zombie, Thrice, I could go on.....

Well, that's really a pretty narrow view on music, lots of pretty hard stuff nothing i would consider real progressive.

Did you know the lead singer for Sugar Ray played Chaka on land of the lost when he was a kid.

I had to look this up. The actor was Phillip Paley.

Mark McGrath was the lead singer of Sugar Ray. He was a co-host on Extra for a while lol

Did you know the lead singer for Sugar Ray played Chaka on land of the lost when he was a kid.

Mark McGrath was the lead singer of Sugar Ray. He was a co-host on Extra for a while lol

It was a joke, sorry that I saw on some show he was on once. He bears a strong resmeblence to chaka. They were making fun of him.

It was a joke, sorry that I saw on some show he was on once. He bears a strong resmeblence to chaka. They were making fun of him.

Lol. I figured it was something like that.

Someone mentioned the song "Fly" from Sugar Ray. I like that song, that was one of my first "our song" from many years ago.

I think that song is what made them change directions though. Girls loved it, and they loved Mark McGrath, which made them make more songs like that.