SIGNED TE Freedom Akinmoladun

@gerrydinardo "2014 B1G Recruiting #Huskers Commit F Akinmoladun 6'5" 238 TE/DL Good motor,sustain on O. Will play DT/OL in college 3* Other B1G I'LL, Iowa" Interesting take from Gerry Dinardo...has him as a DT or on the o-line.

After reading this Im pretty sure Bo isnt going to turn a sprinter into a NG or a OL. OLB/DE my guess

@gerrydinardo "2014 B1G Recruiting #Huskers Commit F Akinmoladun 6'5" 238 TE/DL Good motor,sustain on O. Will play DT/OL in college 3* Other B1G I'LL, Iowa" Interesting take from Gerry Dinardo...has him as a DT or on the o-line.

After reading this Im pretty sure Bo isnt going to turn a sprinter into a NG or a OL. OLB/DE my guess

I meant his older brother is a sprinter here so he has family at the university. Which could be a big reason why he committed.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember where he was for sure, but I think he got a bump on ESPN...I want to say he was rated a low 3*, but now he is 3* - 79 ranking as the #11 TE-Y. I could be wrong, but I could swear he wasn't this high before?

TE-Y?

TE-Y vs TE-H

The first one is more traditional tight end and the other is more of an H-back type player, from my understanding

• Fire 1

I can't remember where he was for sure, but I think he got a bump on ESPN...I want to say he was rated a low 3*, but now he is 3* - 79 ranking as the #11 TE-Y. I could be wrong, but I could swear he wasn't this high before?

TE-Y?

TE-Y vs TE-H

The first one is more traditional tight end and the other is more of an H-back type player, from my understanding

One is Ben Cotton and the other is Kyler Reed.

• Fire 1

Personally, with our offense and the talent we have at WR, I would rather have a Ben Cotton type of tight end than Kyler Reed.

We have the weapons at other positions. We need someone that can stay in and block 80-90% of the time and sneak out for a pass every now and then instead of the other way around.

TE-Y?

TE-Y vs TE-H

Ok, that makes sense. I'd seen TE-H before but not TE-Y.