SIGNED TE Freedom Akinmoladun

Just curious... for those of you who are football experts or coaches. Why exactly would he not predict well at DE/TE at the next level? He has the size/speed on paper to be perfect at that position if you ask me and he has played it in high school. I just don't get why we wouldn't want him for DE if that's his favorite position. And why exactly are people saying he will be an OT or DT at the next level when he is only 238 right now? I watched the film and he does look to be a great blocker... pancaked some dudes...Is that what screams OL?

Just curious... for those of you who are football experts or coaches. Why exactly would he not predict well at DE/TE at the next level? He has the size/speed on paper to be perfect at that position if you ask me and he has played it in high school. I just don't get why we wouldn't want him for DE if that's his favorite position. And why exactly are people saying he will be an OT or DT at the next level when he is only 238 right now? I watched the film and he does look to be a great blocker... pancaked some dudes...Is that what screams OL?

A lot of times it is just the mindset of defensive guys, some have "it" some don't. I have no clue if that is the case for him but it is just something I have seen a lot of.

A lot of times it is just the mindset of defensive guys, some have "it" some don't. I have no clue if that is the case for him but it is just something I have seen a lot of.

I gotcha. And thanks EZ. I watched his film again and I thought his best skills were his blocking when he was lined up at tight end next to the O-Line. And if he does truly have a frame that could support a lot more good weight then I can see him at OL. He didn't look all that fast or smooth running his routes at TE and he didn't seem that quick at DE either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...