Most Boneheaded Play Since 2000

The inability to plant your ass on the ground and win the game rather than trying to look like a superstar and lose the game #anotherstupidtexasloss

Are you speaking of the Nunn fumble because that was a pretty bang-bang play. He caught it, turned, and then the defender put his helmet right on the ball and popped it out. This thread is bringing back some heart breaking losses. :(

Bo's decision to go for it on 4th and 4 against OU in 2010 with the game on the line. There's absolutely no way Martinez has a better chance of completing a slant than Henery did of making a 64 yarder. Absolutely no chance.

I don't think I'll ever be able to think about that game without getting incredibly pissed off, and that play was the worst of the worst.

• Fire 2

The inability to plant your ass on the ground and win the game rather than trying to look like a superstar and lose the game #anotherstupidtexasloss

Are you speaking of the Nunn fumble because that was a pretty bang-bang play. He caught it, turned, and then the defender put his helmet right on the ball and popped it out. This thread is bringing back some heart breaking losses. :(

Yeah. But I think I blame the play-calling more than Nunn now, even though I think he should've smothered it. 1) He should've been TOLD to smother it if he caught it, and 2) Weather, crowd, defense...just run the ball and kick it. Because not only was it an awful turnover, but it left a lot of time on the clock.

Bo's decision to go for it on 4th and 4 against OU in 2010 with the game on the line. There's absolutely no way Martinez has a better chance of completing a slant than Henery did of making a 64 yarder. Absolutely no chance.

I don't think I'll ever be able to think about that game without getting incredibly pissed off, and that play was the worst of the worst.

Henery wasn't about to make a 64-yard field goal. But then, he wasn't going to make a 57-yarder with the game on the line either ;)

Worst. Thread. Ever.

But also heartbreakingly accurate.

LeKevin Smith was the first to come to mind because a big game was literally in his hands. But if we're gonna be mad at him for not just falling to the ground, you'd have to be mad at Suh for running that interception in for the TD against Colorado.

Forgot about the Kunalic kickoff. Great kicker who saved his worst possible play for the worst possible time.

Forgot that Joe Dailey ran out of bounds to end a game, possibly because he'd done this at other times in the season, running out of bounds and making no attempt to get a first down, often when it seemed like his for the taking.

Kunalic kicking the ball out of bounds in the CCG of '09.

Probably this. Not only did it cost us the game, a conference championship and a BCS berth, but it affects the entire perception of Bo's career here. And it was about the only time he did that in four years.

• Fire 1

Henery wasn't about to make a 64-yard field goal. But then, he wasn't going to make a 57-yarder with the game on the line either ;)

It definitely wouldn't have been a distance issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7z4VCZO0o

It definitely wouldn't have been a distance issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7z4VCZO0o

That's our last CCG you're talking about, right? The boneheaded play in that game was on 3rd down when Taylor took a sack. We were inside the 40 before the sack. Well within Henery's range. After the sack it was 4th and infinity, so we punted.

Yeah. But I think I blame the play-calling more than Nunn now, even though I think he should've smothered it. 1) He should've been TOLD to smother it if he caught it, and 2) Weather, crowd, defense...just run the ball and kick it. Because not only was it an awful turnover, but it left a lot of time on the clock.

That play call won us the game if not for an All-American making an All-American play.

It was a perfect call; just didn't work.