Manziel

The trouble with Johnny

FOUR DAYS AFTER the tweet, Johnny Manziel did what many boys do when they're in trouble. He went home. The farm roads and state highways between College Station and Tyler blurred under the wheels of his black Mercedes-Benz, the one he wanted so badly that his dad finally bought it for him. Paul Manziel didn't want his son to do something stupid to get it for himself. A jagged line marked the back left quarter panel; even before Johnny tweeted that he wanted to leave College Station, someone had keyed his car. When Johnny arrived at his grandmother's house in Tyler on this Wednesday, Paul leaned over and silently ran his finger along the length of the cut, seeing what someone had done. He felt helpless. Building tension from the past week, and from the seven months of scrutiny that preceded it, had left his son on edge and exhausted. Maybe here, outside the siege walls of College Station, Johnny could exhale. He needed space to retake the control he'd lost over both himself and his new persona. Johnny Football is a growling grown-ass beast of a human. Johnathan Manziel is a boy trying to become a man...

continue: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9521439/heisman-winner-johnny-manziel-celebrity-derail-texas-aggies-season-espn-magazine

woe is me.

I just don't understand how someone can't even have a little compassion for him. Yeah, he has money, and fame. There is a price to pay for that however, and I doubt it is easy for every 20 year old.... The pressure is clearly getting to him, and I hope he doesn't crack under that pressure. I'm rooting for him....

woe is me.

I just don't understand how someone can't even have a little compassion for him. Yeah, he has money, and fame. There is a price to pay for that however, and I doubt it is easy for every 20 year old.... The pressure is clearly getting to him, and I hope he doesn't crack under that pressure. I'm rooting for him....

i actually have no problem with manziel. i think he is a little immature and maybe kind of an idiot, but i do not think he is a bad guy and i will not root against him. however, an article about a scratch on a mercedes his dad bought him because he was worried johnny would do something stupid to get it is not going to elicit sympathy from me.

• Fire 1

Well I hope he falls flat on his face. However, given A&M's schedule I don't see how he can though. Bama and LSU are the two and only tough games on their scedule. They don't play Georgia, Flordia, or South Carolina. So he'll probably put up big numbers. At least he should anyway.

ughhh.gif

We'll just agree to disagree. If you like Manziel, good for you. If you want to see him win a Heisman again and put up big numbers. Wonderful.

However, I don't feel that same sentiment. The kid is stupid. I hope he gets brought back down to earth. Then maybe he'll learn.

woe is me.

i actually have no problem with manziel. i think he is a little immature and maybe kind of an idiot, but i do not think he is a bad guy and i will not root against him. however, an article about a scratch on a mercedes his dad bought him because he was worried johnny would do something stupid to get it is not going to elicit sympathy from me.

While reading the article, I guess I looked past that and saw the obvious "sh#t" the kid is going through.... He is clearly under a lot of emotional stress, and doesn't know how to handle it. I also wonder if he has the necessary support system around him to be able to deal with it all.... Kinda sad to me....

Well I hope he falls flat on his face. However, given A&M's schedule I don't see how he can though. Bama and LSU are the two and only tough games on their scedule. They don't play Georgia, Flordia, or South Carolina. So he'll probably put up big numbers. At least he should anyway.

ughhh.gif

We'll just agree to disagree. If you like Manziel, good for you. If you want to see him win a Heisman again and put up big numbers. Wonderful.

However, I don't feel that same sentiment. The kid is stupid. I hope he gets brought back down to earth. Then maybe he'll learn.

There is so much wrong with your post, and it screams immaturity.... I don't care if he wins another Heisman or not. I just hope that he can find a way to deal with all his struggles, and move on through it all....

woe is me.

While reading the article, I guess I looked past that and saw the obvious "sh#t" the kid is going through.... He is clearly under a lot of emotional stress, and doesn't know how to handle it. I also wonder if he has the necessary support system around him to be able to deal with it all.... Kinda sad to me....

i agree. it is unfair to put the weight of a program on a kid and then incessantly judge and criticize him whenever he cracks under the pressure. and frankly, he has just been a college kid. i have not seen anything egregious he has done. just leave him alone. espn and the media love this crap. they build up a kid and make him a lead story everyday, then when he does anything remotely questionable, they amp up their coverage to an 11. it is unfair to the kid.

however, and again, complaining about a scratch on a mercedes bought because you are either too dumb or too spoiled not to have one is not going to garner much sympathy from me.

ughhh.gif

There is so much wrong with your post, and it screams immaturity.... I don't care if he wins another Heisman or not. I just hope that he can find a way to deal with all his struggles, and move on through it all....

What struggles? He can fix his problems by not going to UT Frat parties or any party that puts him in a bad situation? By not being a spoiled little brat who has to have a Mercedes Benz? By waking his ass up on time to fullful a committment to the Mannings? I've read enough on the kid to know he's selfish. If he wants to fix his problems, then he needs to stop being stupid and use some better judgment.

What struggles? He can fix his problems by not going to UT Frat parties or any party that puts him in a bad situation? By not being a spoiled little brat who has to have a Mercedes Benz? By waking his ass up on time to fullful a committment to the Mannings? I've read enough on the kid to know he's selfish. If he wants to fix his problems, then he needs to stop being stupid and use some better judgment.

that is a valid position. you get to the top, you think that would motivate you even more because it is much harder to stay there. just keep it simple and focus on football and school. i get that, too.

that is a valid position. you get to the top, you think that would motivate you even more because it is much harder to stay there. just keep it simple and focus on football and school. i get that, too.

Exactly. I mean I don't know how anyone can think Manziel has it tough. Jack Hoffman has it tough. Any kid with an illness has it tough. Manziel has it made. It's not like I want him to get raped in a prison shower or get hurt on the field or something. I just hope some defenses bring him back to earth this year.

Exactly. I mean I don't know how anyone can think Manziel has it tough. Jack Hoffman has it tough. Any kid with an illness has it tough. Manziel has it made. It's not like I want him to get raped in a prison shower or get hurt on the field or something. I just hope some defenses bring him back to earth this year.

It's tough to have riches and fame. Just ask all the professional athletes who've gone broke.