SIGNED DE/TE Mick Stoltenberg

Be nice to have a power house at center. Would really open things up for the inside run game. We've had some good players there in recent years, but if gates can get the snaps and the footwork down, he could be a raiola level player. In any case, I'll just be happy to have these guys on the team and let positions sort out as they may.

• 2 weeks later...

The more i watch film of Mick the more i think hes a DL. He reminds me a lot of JJ Watt with quickness, motor, and size.

I think the same thing, especially watching some of his workouts from last summer. I think his motor and aggressiveness is tailor-made for DE. I was really hoping we got Frison and tried him on defense. Perhaps we still will.

The more i watch film of Mick the more i think hes a DL. He reminds me a lot of JJ Watt with quickness, motor, and size.

I think the same thing, especially watching some of his workouts from last summer. I think his motor and aggressiveness is tailor-made for DE. I was really hoping we got Frison and tried him on defense. Perhaps we still will.

How so???

How so???

Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I meant perhaps we still will move Stoltenberg to defense even though we didn't get Frison.

Is he pretty likely to redshirt? He can play both DE and OL on the scout team, and after another year the caoches will really be able to assess where his best fit would be, and where our greatest needs are.

I'm certain he'll redshirt. He needs to add some weight, plus coming off a knee injury.

• 2 months later...