New field turf for 2013

Why do they HAVE to align the 'N' and include the copyright symbol. It looks off-center and is going to drive me nuts for the next 6-8 years. :ahhhhhhhh

what are you talking about?

Too much Ncaa football probably.

You are probably right about playing too much NCAA football. My only guilty pleasure any more. Regardless, I assumed from the picture that would be the N's final resting place. I guessed that the only reason it would be that off center was for a trademark tag. If they are not done placing it then I jumped the gun. My bad.

Why do they HAVE to align the 'N' and include the copyright symbol. It looks off-center and is going to drive me nuts for the next 6-8 years. :ahhhhhhhh

what are you talking about?

Too much Ncaa football probably.

You are probably right about playing too much NCAA football. My only guilty pleasure any more. Regardless, I assumed from the picture that would be the N's final resting place. I guessed that the only reason it would be that off center was for a trademark tag. If they are not done placing it then I jumped the gun. My bad.

I just meant that in real life I don't think anyone puts a trademark next to their logo on the field, the only place I've ever seen it done is in video games. I'm sure it'll be centered up nice and proper.

Great photos, Landlord and Ed Helms. I know wild ideas (as usual) but I was wondering about lowered field level. Difficult? Too large wheel tractor-scraper machine inside the stadium?

Darrel Royal Stadium

1999 - New seats added to the west grandstand and the field was lowered seven feet to accommodate new front-row and field-level seats on the east and west grandstands, bringing capacity to 80,082

Great photos, Landlord and Ed Helms. I know wild ideas (as usual) but I was wondering about lowered field level. Difficult? Too large wheel tractor-scraper machine inside the stadium?

Darrel Royal Stadium

1999 - New seats added to the west grandstand and the field was lowered seven feet to accommodate new front-row and field-level seats on the east and west grandstands, bringing capacity to 80,082

Not sure I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying they should lower the field level at Memorial? That's just not possible unless they rip out the endzone stands and rebuild. That's already been addresses in this thread, but long story short, the endzone seats would have no perspective of the endzones from the higher up seats. And really, what would be the point. The endzone seats are already right against the playing field.

Darrel Royal Stadium

We can't lower the field because of sight lines from the stands. If it were lower, the end zone seats would not be able to see the end zones.