First trip to see a Husker Game

New to the board, and I'm hoping that you can help me out. I will be making my first trip to see a Husker home game this year (the MSU game) and will be bringing my 15 year old son with me. We are flying in on Friday night, staying less than a mile from the stadium, and leaving Sunday night. Can you recommend anything that we absolutely have to see and/or do? This is a bucket list item for me, so I want to make sure that we take full advantage of the time we have there. I'm hoping that it goes much better than the other time I got to see the Huskers live, the 19-0 debacle against ASU in '96. There I was, in the ASU student section, proudly in my Husker Red. Sigh...thanks everyone!

Joe, I feel your pain. I kept telling myself that they would turn it around, and it just never happened. Still, it was an amazing game to be at, and it propelled ASU to a title run that year, which was nice to see.

All, thanks for the suggestions so far, I really appreciate it! Any suggestions on places to eat near campus Friday and Saturday night?

Joe, I feel your pain. I kept telling myself that they would turn it around, and it just never happened. Still, it was an amazing game to be at, and it propelled ASU to a title run that year, which was nice to see.

All, thanks for the suggestions so far, I really appreciate it! Any suggestions on places to eat near campus Friday and Saturday night?

Misty's Steak House and Bisonwitches are both downtown close to campus. If you're looking for fast food before the game try Amigos, or Runza. Both are from Nebraska and are excellent.

• Fire 1

Doubt you'll have time, but if you get a car you guys could check out the Strategic Air and Space Museum. It's in Ashland, which is about 30 minutes from downtown on I-80. He's probably too old for the kids stuff but there's a lot of cool planes.

• Fire 1

• 4 months later...

My son and I are so excited for this weekend and our first game! And I'm very happy that it will be an important one too. But, I have what is probably a stupid question. My wife bought the tickets from Stub Hub, and the are in one of the corners, section 18, row 18. But, they don't have seat numbers. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!

My son and I are so excited for this weekend and our first game! And I'm very happy that it will be an important one too. But, I have what is probably a stupid question. My wife bought the tickets from Stub Hub, and the are in one of the corners, section 18, row 18. But, they don't have seat numbers. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!

Um, ya. They should have seat numbers on them. Do you have tickets in hand?