Playing the early release, and as per tradition simulated the first season. Nebraska goes undefeated in regular season (closest game was 30-20 v. the I-AA stand-in team), loses to Ohio St. in the B1G championship and beat USC in Rosé Bowl. Martinez is a beast on the read option.

Getting meh reviews. Likely will not buy.

Not really surprising for the final year of this console cycle. NCAAF 2016 should be the money year - 2 years to get the next gen platforms figured out from a development perspective.

Getting meh reviews. Likely will not buy.

Not really surprising for the final year of this console cycle. NCAAF 2016 should be the money year - 2 years to get the next gen platforms figured out from a development perspective.

Huh?

All of the improvements and additions do translate into what is probably the most authentic college football experience ever on a console, but that doesn't mean NCAA Football 14 is perfect.

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/714/ncaa-football-14/

Read their review, and see the user reviews. Never go by gamer sites (IGN, Gamespot, etc...) for sports games, because the people that normally review them barely understand the sport and play on easy mode.

NO DONT READ THE BAD REVIEWS ONLY THE GOOD ONES COUNT

And the gamer sites have evolved since 2002. Most have a dedicated sports fan/gamer or two or three to handle those reviews.

I trust a gaming site that judges fairly and not by the money the devs give them. OS only gave the game an 8 still but gave a way more in depth review over Gamespot and IGN's less than in depth breakdown. They didn't even really get into the recruiting and dynasty changes, a key reason hardcore ncaa guys play.

NO DONT READ THE BAD REVIEWS ONLY THE GOOD ONES COUNT

And the gamer sites have evolved since 2002. Most have a dedicated sports fan/gamer or two or three to handle those reviews.

I can't speak for all of them, but I know IGN had Greg Miller review the NCAA game this year, and while he really enjoys football he's a very far leap away from actually being a student of the game.

I just don't know what to think. It looks just like every NCAA game. The physics engine is a little better but very inconsistent. Group tackling looks like a giant blob or unrealistic tackling. Option is much improved. But the game feels the same. I absolutely hate how after each play the whistle blows the second the play is over, and it sounds like 3 whistles.

I absolutely hate how after each play the whistle blows the second the play is over, and it sounds like 3 whistles.

That's peanuts compared to how long it takes to bring up a play chart, or how f'ed up no huddle has been. That's what I really care about the most. It's no fun playing as an up tempo team when it takes 5 seconds to get the play chart up, hope to god it didn't glitch or you'll be hunting for another 10 seconds, and then have another 5 seconds after you've selected before everyone is lined up. And on defense you can't even pick a D until the O has selected.

But yes sound quality has been horrible every year, at least they added some player chatter but it's still stupid stuff.

I absolutely hate how after each play the whistle blows the second the play is over, and it sounds like 3 whistles.

That's peanuts compared to how long it takes to bring up a play chart, or how f'ed up no huddle has been. That's what I really care about the most. It's no fun playing as an up tempo team when it takes 5 seconds to get the play chart up, hope to god it didn't glitch or you'll be hunting for another 10 seconds, and then have another 5 seconds after you've selected before everyone is lined up. And on defense you can't even pick a D until the O has selected.

But yes sound quality has been horrible every year, at least they added some player chatter but it's still stupid stuff.

Yea I forgot to mention that. In no huddle or not it takes at least 3 seconds for the plays to come up. It's a joke for no huddle because my guys are lined up ready to snap before I can even pick a play. I honestly think I like 2013 better, at least from what I've seen from the demo. NCAA will always fall short, FIFA is where it's at.

Part of why the scores on game sites will be lower, is nothing changed really since NCAA 2013, and they will doc points for what amounts to releasing the same game year after year.

People always get upset when a game site doesn't give a game the score they think their pet game 'should' get. The 6 or 8 it got from IGN or Gamespot are not bad scores. They fall into the 'good' grouping, and are targeted at the masses. Not the niche market. Some of the people complaining about the scores will be on here bitching about flaws in the game in a week. Probably the same issues the reviews found fault with too.

Why you don't see a lot of change is NCAA is a niche game, largely made from skeleton of the previous year's Madden. Sure, its a big deal in some parts of the US, but you wont even find it in stores overseas.