Dearest EA,

I know that you read Huskerboard.com for all of your R&D concerning new games, I here is my list of things I humbly ask for in next summer's game:

1. I want to be able to simulate a season and not have it take 1/2 an hour. What caught me on your game is getting 45 years into a dynasty in the `03-`06 games, bring back some simplicity.
  2. A good physics engine. I played Madden, and it was frustrating that their game-play is SO much better.
  3. Ability to add on to/ build new stadiums You could do this in Madden in past years, do it. It makes no sense that I make Florida Atlantic into a power that wins multiple national championships and I play in a glorified high school stadium.
  4. Playoffs. You could do this in the `01 version of the game. Don't insult my intelligence and tell me you can't.
  5. Keep working to improve blocking on things like screens and glitch blitzes. I understand that they are almost impossible to get rid of, but keep trying.
  6. Add in games like the kickoff classic in Dallas, I should be able to schedule a non-conference against a great team in a neutral site.
  7. With that in mind, make some of the NFL stadiums available in the NCAA game. With games in Soldier Field, Dallas, and Kansas City it IS part of the game. Plus you already have the modelling done.
  8. Speaking of things you already have done, bring back export a class to Madden. I really enjoyed this, and was pissed when I eventually figured out it was gone.
  9. Fire or reassign the individuals who have been in charge the last couple years. I honestly could not tell you the difference between the `11, `12, & `13 versions. I spend way too much $$$ on these, and I am really questioning why I do it every year.
  10. Who am I kidding, you won't change anything...and I will buy the game the day it is released. I'm going to go shower now, as I feel dirty. See you in July.

Dearest EA,

I know that you read Huskerboard.com for all of your R&D concerning new games, I here is my list of things I humbly ask for in next summer's game:

1. I want to be able to simulate a season and not have it take 1/2 an hour. What caught me on your game is getting 45 years into a dynasty in the `03-`06 games, bring back some simplicity.
  2. A good physics engine. I played Madden, and it was frustrating that their game-play is SO much better.
  3. Ability to add on to/ build new stadiums You could do this in Madden in past years, do it. It makes no sense that I make Florida Atlantic into a power that wins multiple national championships and I play in a glorified high school stadium.
  4. Playoffs. You could do this in the `01 version of the game. Don't insult my intelligence and tell me you can't.
  5. Keep working to improve blocking on things like screens and glitch blitzes. I understand that they are almost impossible to get rid of, but keep trying.
  6. Add in games like the kickoff classic in Dallas, I should be able to schedule a non-conference against a great team in a neutral site.
  7. With that in mind, make some of the NFL stadiums available in the NCAA game. With games in Soldier Field, Dallas, and Kansas City it IS part of the game. Plus you already have the modelling done.
  8. Speaking of things you already have done, bring back export a class to Madden. I really enjoyed this, and was pissed when I eventually figured out it was gone.
  9. Fire or reassign the individuals who have been in charge the last couple years. I honestly could not tell you the difference between the `11, `12, & `13 versions. I spend way too much $$$ on these, and I am really questioning why I do it every year.
  10. Who am I kidding, you won't change anything...and I will buy the game the day it is released. I'm going to go shower now, as I feel dirty. See you in July.

Also please fix the pitch! And the 4 verticals.

2005 on PS2 is the way to go. Tried out all years since and gave them all a legitimate chance, but I found myself back as PS2's '05 every time. It's still the toppest notch combo of realism and simplicity. It can be challenging but not too easy. It incorporates facets of the real sport, but is also a video game as well. But, what do I know. I never tried the PS3 versions yet.

2005 on PS2 is the way to go. Tried out all years since and gave them all a legitimate chance, but I found myself back as PS2's '05 every time. It's still the toppest notch combo of realism and simplicity. It can be challenging but not too easy. It incorporates facets of the real sport, but is also a video game as well. But, what do I know. I never tried the PS3 versions yet.

When you bought that did the pony express deliver? lol :D

The blocking needs to get fixed one of these days and how about making it so linebackers aren't super human and can jump 11 ft to pick off a pass or fly it on any running play to the outside.

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...

Marcus Mariota with his actual ratings would be nice.

Same with Johnny Manziel.

Accurate numbers...

And finally, if I run a hurry up offense the defense shouldn't be set EVERY time before I hike the ball. Thats some bull. Make it so the D has to do something.

Oh, and should probably make it so its not easy to pick off passes left and right. Love the idiots who bomb it down the field against my secondary. Easy

Dear EA,

Fire the NCAA team, and sell me Madden 14 but with NCAA uniforms and players. Problems solved.

Thinking as a businessman, why aren't they basically doing this already? Seems very inefficient how they have things.

So you guys want to play a franchise with NCAA teams? Signing contracts with your players? Going to the Super Bowl? :P

When I want to be just the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator, I shouldn't have to set the depth chart for both sides, and I shouldn't have to recruit for both sides.

Most importantly, fix the damn artificial intelligence! Doesn't make sense for the opposing team to know exactly what play you are going to run. It would be much better to have it randomly choose a play based on what kind of formation/package you line up as.

It also doesn't make sense for Josh Harris from Wake Forest to break 8 consecutive tackles for a 34yd TD to beat Maryland with 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

• Fire 1