Kirk Ferentz makes the list._____Of five worst coaches. lol

NUance

I think in 2010 or 2011 I watched 2-3 Iowa games (there were teams I wanted them to beat... I can't remember who or why). THREE different times, they had 4th and 1 plays and tried to run up to the line quick and snap it when the defense wasn't ready. All 3 times they weren't set long enough and were called for a 5 yard penalty. I've considered him an idiot ever since then and that was before they had the horrible season last year.

Before they crashed back to expectation, KF name kept coming up in our coaching searches. I felt like Canute trying to command the tide off the beach.

I hope Kirk wins just enough games to string the Hawkeyes along for another decade, minimum.

When the opposing teams are as fond of your head coach as the home team fans, it is cause for concern, IMHO. But most Iowa fans seem content, and I keep seeing posts that read, in essence, "We're lucky to have Kirk. After all, we're just little ole' Iowa." Seems like a strange point of view to me.

Let him win the conference in 2019 - big extension will ensure plenty of losses for Iowa for ten more years.

How about just second in the division, that sounds better to me.

If they tied for first in the division, but lost the tiebreaker and didn't go to the CCG, they'd probably put up a banner and have a parade.

Let him win the conference in 2019 - big extension will ensure plenty of losses for Iowa for ten more years.

If they tied for first in the division, but lost the tiebreaker and didn't go to the CCG, they'd probably put up a banner and have a parade.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Hey! When did they add the VERY fine print denoting that two of those were just division titles?

I don't know if he is one of the 5 worst. That seems extreme to me. I think he is just dealing with a lot of turnover with coaches going other places and the running back gods hate him right now. He has put a fair amount players in the NFL over the last few years so that should say something to his coaching and development abilities.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...