I don't get the passive agressiveness. You are a cop - why not issue a ticket or warning for a loud party and break it up as soon as you heard about it. If you were on duty until 2 a.m. and were able to drive by your own house to take care of the guy parked in your driveway, why not disperse the whole thing then unstead of going home later and calling different cops? Is there a conflict of interest issue with writing tickets on your own neighbor?

....................because I'm not going to confront 15 drunk dudes at 0245 in the morning about loud music, probably wouldn't go well.

Isn't this something you do as part of your job anyway, and that you could have done on duty just an hour earlier (or sooner since you were in the neighborhood anyway)?

And in the OP, you talk about selling your house to get away from this guy, the day after he moves in. To paraphrase Michael Bolton in Office Space, why should you have to change, he's the one who sucks! You have the intelligence and authority to stand up to this bozo, just do it and put the kibosh on his shenanigans.

My peace can't be disturbed while I'm on duty. Simply having a party isn't against the law, I would've needed someone to call and be dispatched to the loud party and then I could legally do something. I told my wife to call, but she didn't for whatever reason, she doesn't want to make waves. Also, confronting 15 dudes after I'm off work about being loud probably won't go well. I have A LOT of experience dealing with drunk a-holes and know when to do something and when not to do something. Having the on-duty cops show up to take care of the issue is the best thing I can do. I'm not going to go over there after work and speak with him in my uniform as that could be construed by some as me trying to intimidate him. That's not what I want to do, trust me calling the on-duty guys was the right thing. I can deal with the parking issues as I see them, I don't have to be called to those. Yes, it's confusing and a pain in the arse.

• Fire 1

BRI, how old are the homes in your neighborhood? Neighborhoods, like everything else, has a "life cycle". When they are new, they get people who tend to be good neighbors - they keep their lawns neat, keep their houses in repair, etc. As the neighborhood "ages", you start getting people moving in who don't necessarily have those same values; homes that were once purchased become rentals, property values drop so that it's cheaper to get into the houses - just a general decline. When that happens, it's time to go - you can't reverse the cycle. Sounds a bit like that's the case for your neighborhood.

My house is only 3 years old, the house he moved into is about 10 years old. Most of the houses in the area aren't older than 5 years and the newest one is maybe 1 1/2 old. His house was the first one on the street when they originally started building this development. I've called a realtor and she is coming over on Friday so we can discuss the possibility of moving if we decide to go that way. Looking at a much bigger house than we are currently living in. My wife has been hinting around having more kids and our current house is too small for 1 or *cough* *gasp* 2 more children.

I love how so many responses are "kick his ass". Are you guys in junior high? You going to meet him down near the swing set at the neighborhood park? Really?!?

Nope to the first and you bet your ass on the second. I have dealt with sh**ty neighbors for 12 yrs and have tried being nice. I got down right rude this last time with them and it seemed to fix the issues.

I haven't gotten to that point obviously, but I can see how I might have to go that way at some point and time.

I don't get the passive agressiveness. You are a cop - why not issue a ticket or warning for a loud party and break it up as soon as you heard about it. If you were on duty until 2 a.m. and were able to drive by your own house to take care of the guy parked in your driveway, why not disperse the whole thing then unstead of going home later and calling different cops? Is there a conflict of interest issue with writing tickets on your own neighbor?

....................because I'm not going to confront 15 drunk dudes at 0245 in the morning about loud music, probably wouldn't go well.

Isn't this something you do as part of your job anyway, and that you could have done on duty just an hour earlier (or sooner since you were in the neighborhood anyway)?

And in the OP, you talk about selling your house to get away from this guy, the day after he moves in. To paraphrase Michael Bolton in Office Space, why should you have to change, he's the one who sucks! You have the intelligence and authority to stand up to this bozo, just do it and put the kibosh on his shenanigans.

My peace can't be disturbed while I'm on duty. Simply having a party isn't against the law, I would've needed someone to call and be dispatched to the loud party and then I could legally do something. I told my wife to call, but she didn't for whatever reason, she doesn't want to make waves. Also, confronting 15 dudes after I'm off work about being loud probably won't go well. I have A LOT of experience dealing with drunk a-holes and know when to do something and when not to do something. Having the on-duty cops show up to take care of the issue is the best thing I can do. I'm not going to go over there after work and speak with him in my uniform as that could be construed by some as me trying to intimidate him. That's not what I want to do, trust me calling the on-duty guys was the right thing. I can deal with the parking issues as I see them, I don't have to be called to those. Yes, it's confusing and a pain in the arse.

Ah, makes sense - no wonder it is so frustrating then!

BRI, how old are the homes in your neighborhood? Neighborhoods, like everything else, has a "life cycle". When they are new, they get people who tend to be good neighbors - they keep their lawns neat, keep their houses in repair, etc. As the neighborhood "ages", you start getting people moving in who don't necessarily have those same values; homes that were once purchased become rentals, property values drop so that it's cheaper to get into the houses - just a general decline. When that happens, it's time to go - you can't reverse the cycle. Sounds a bit like that's the case for your neighborhood.

My house is only 3 years old, the house he moved into is about 10 years old. Most of the houses in the area aren't older than 5 years and the newest one is maybe 1 1/2 old. His house was the first one on the street when they originally started building this development. I've called a realtor and she is coming over on Friday so we can discuss the possibility of moving if we decide to go that way. Looking at a much bigger house than we are currently living in. My wife has been hinting around having more kids and our current house is too small for 1 or *cough* *gasp* 2 more children.

I disagree with you wanting to move because of one d-bag. I'm guessing the other neighbors in the area aren't too happy with this dude either. Why should you have to go thru the ass pain of selling/buying/moving into a new house just because of this one guy. Next time he has a party, make sure your wife calls and files a complaint. Encourage your neighbors to do the same. Eventually this guy will (or should) get the hint and tone things down. If he doesn't, get a lot of big dogs who leave big pile of poop. Scoop the poop then make like a monkey and fling it into his yard.

• Fire 1

I disagree with you wanting to move because of one d-bag. I'm guessing the other neighbors in the area aren't too happy with this dude either. Why should you have to go thru the ass pain of selling/buying/moving into a new house just because of this one guy. Next time he has a party, make sure your wife calls and files a complaint. Encourage your neighbors to do the same. Eventually this guy will (or should) get the hint and tone things down. If he doesn't, get a lot of big dogs who leave big pile of poop. Scoop the poop then make like a monkey and fling it into his yard.

^^^^^ This. Not sure if flinging dog poop would help, but getting your neighbors to stand up and help would go a long way toward helping you quiet this guy.

^^^^^ This. Not sure if flinging dog poop would help, but getting your neighbors to stand up and help would go a long way toward helping you quiet this guy.

My wife talked to some of the neighbors today and they said they'll start calling the cops as well. Words only go so far, action is what will be needed. Chicken $hit still hasn't come over to talk with me about the issue. Figures..........

My wife talked to some of the neighbors today and they said they'll start calling the cops as well. Words only go so far, action is what will be needed. Chicken $hit still hasn't come over to talk with me about the issue. Figures..........

I had the same problem down the street with some idiots who thought they were in the "fast and the furious" revving up their lawnmowers on crack till all hours...

talked to a half dozen neighbors and they were sick of it too, and it took a couple weeks, but it's toned down significantly...

then again, I live in the hood...

I'll still help you bury the bodies bro...

I had the same problem down the street with some idiots who thought they were in the "fast and the furious" revving up their lawnmowers on crack till all hours...

talked to a half dozen neighbors and they were sick of it too, and it took a couple weeks, but it's toned down significantly...

You bring the lyme, I'll bring the shovels............

You bring the lyme, I'll bring the shovels............

not lyme brother, it's called the rez...

You talked to his friend or roommate or whoever, but did you actually say that you wanted to talk to the owner, or did you just assume that talking to the friend would prompt him to come over? Not everyone reacts that way. He may just be hoping to continue on and avoid you. Yeah, kind of Chicken $hit, kind of just human nature, but you are also avoiding him too. It just seems to me that you are being passive aggressive. I think you are expecting him to behave like you would, and he clearly isn't, but that doesn't mean it can't be worked out. Go talk to the guy and tell him what's on your mind. Unless you're ready to move anyway I wouldn't sell my house without at least trying to resolve the issue.

• Fire 1