He had his 6th party in 2 weeks last night and it didn't go well. I was working and drove by my house as my wife said it was getting REALLY loud. I noticed a car parked in front of my driveway! So I stopped to deal with the issue and made the owner of the car come out and move it, he was at the party. I informed him that this was MY driveway and it was illegal to park in front of someone's driveway. Then I got off at 2 am, came home, they were still on their deck being loud as hell. Then I started to hear their music thumping into my bedroom...............I said screw it and called the cops. It'll be interesting to see what the officers that went there last night tell me. It's ridiculous, if he decides to emerge from his house today I'll have a discussion with him. I finally met him last week and he seemed like a decent enough guy, just immature and doesn't belong in this neighborhood. I'll probably be calling a realtor this next week to bend their ear a little and see if selling my house is even feasible without losing my a$$.

He doesn't belong there? Oh, okay.

Don't get all sensitive and butt hurt, he's a single dude with no life outside his job that loves to party in a neighborhood with no single people and EVERYONE has little kids and are married. That's what I mean when I say he doesn't belong so don't twist my words around. You don't have to come in the thread if you don't like it............pretty simple.

Talked with his new "room mate" this afternoon and explained to him what happened last night wasn't gonna work. I could care less if they have their parties, but I have a problem with my wife texting me as she's going to bed saying she can't sleep because they are being too loud. Dudes parking their cars in front of my driveway, music thumping in my bedroom as I'm trying to go to sleep after work, trash ending up in my yard, etc. He said he understood and apologized and I told him I want to get along with both of them, but at the rate they're going we aren't going to get along very well. I also told him I was the one that called the cops...................why?....................because I'm not going to confront 15 drunk dudes at 0245 in the morning about loud music, probably wouldn't go well. He understood that and I think he appreciated that I'm not afraid to let them know who called and what the issue is. We can talk about it when you're sober, when you're drunk it's a waste of time for all of us so the only way to get the point across is letting the on-duty cops take care of it. Left it at that for now, his buddy that actually owns the house said everything he needed to say................didn't even try to come over and talk to me today about the issue so I have a feeling that conversation may be a little more tense than the one with his roommate.

HAHA

Now, I am just trying to form an opinion based on what has been stated so far. I am sure it is annoying to find cigarette butts and other trash in your yard. But, I think the best way to solve this problem is try to be nice to the guy, and be friends with him. Now, he may not be the guy you want to hang out with on a regular basis, but don't be a complete a-hole, just because he isn't doing things like the rest of the neighborhood.

Yes, excessive noise late at night is a pain in the ass, but it's the summertime. People are going to have parties and hang out. Also, if you go over there and say "Hey, my wife and kids are trying to get to sleep, can you turn down the music", I am sure he would do it. Now, I don't know the situation 100%, but most people aren't that big of an a-hole to say "screw you, I am not turning down the music".

• Fire 1

Now, I am just trying to form an opinion based on what has been stated so far. I am sure it is annoying to find cigarette butts and other trash in your yard. But, I think the best way to solve this problem is try to be nice to the guy, and be friends with him. Now, he may not be the guy you want to hang out with on a regular basis, but don't be a complete a-hole, just because he isn't doing things like the rest of the neighborhood.

Yes, excessive noise late at night is a pain in the ass, but it's the summertime. People are going to have parties and hang out. Also, if you go over there and say "Hey, my wife and kids are trying to get to sleep, can you turn down the music", I am sure he would do it. Now, I don't know the situation 100%, but most people aren't that big of an a-hole to say "screw you, I am not turning down the music".

bullsh#t...I say kick his ass. End of story

• Fire 1

He had his 6th party in 2 weeks last night and it didn't go well. I was working and drove by my house as my wife said it was getting REALLY loud. I noticed a car parked in front of my driveway! So I stopped to deal with the issue and made the owner of the car come out and move it, he was at the party. I informed him that this was MY driveway and it was illegal to park in front of someone's driveway. Then I got off at 2 am, came home, they were still on their deck being loud as hell. Then I started to hear their music thumping into my bedroom...............I said screw it and called the cops. It'll be interesting to see what the officers that went there last night tell me. It's ridiculous, if he decides to emerge from his house today I'll have a discussion with him. I finally met him last week and he seemed like a decent enough guy, just immature and doesn't belong in this neighborhood. I'll probably be calling a realtor this next week to bend their ear a little and see if selling my house is even feasible without losing my a$$.

Don't get all sensitive and butt hurt, he's a single dude with no life outside his job that loves to party in a neighborhood with no single people and EVERYONE has little kids and are married. That's what I mean when I say he doesn't belong so don't twist my words around. You don't have to come in the thread if you don't like it............pretty simple.

Talked with his new "room mate" this afternoon and explained to him what happened last night wasn't gonna work. I could care less if they have their parties, but I have a problem with my wife texting me as she's going to bed saying she can't sleep because they are being too loud. Dudes parking their cars in front of my driveway, music thumping in my bedroom as I'm trying to go to sleep after work, trash ending up in my yard, etc. He said he understood and apologized and I told him I want to get along with both of them, but at the rate they're going we aren't going to get along very well. I also told him I was the one that called the cops...................why?....................because I'm not going to confront 15 drunk dudes at 0245 in the morning about loud music, probably wouldn't go well. He understood that and I think he appreciated that I'm not afraid to let them know who called and what the issue is. We can talk about it when you're sober, when you're drunk it's a waste of time for all of us so the only way to get the point across is letting the on-duty cops take care of it. Left it at that for now, his buddy that actually owns the house said everything he needed to say................didn't even try to come over and talk to me today about the issue so I have a feeling that conversation may be a little more tense than the one with his roommate.

HAHA

LOLZ.

Taze him bro.

Seriously though, if you like the neighborhood, I wouldn't consider moving without exhausting all options. It can be tough to findneighbors that fit you and vice versa. But often times neighborhoods start to change and usually that change is for the worse. We had that problem at my last house. Got along great with everyone for about ten years then the demographics started changing and a few of the homes became rentals and it all went to hell fairly quickly. THEN you know it's time to move on.

• Fire 1

HAHA

Here's how this works just so you know. You either add to the discussion and talk about the topic I started or else it's considered trolling. Trying to get a response or rile the posters up which, as I'm sure you know, is considered trolling and not allowed on huskerboard.com. I look forward to a better response from you or no response at all. Have a good day..........

• Fire 2

HAHA

LOLZ.

Same goes for you

Excessive noise isn't acceptable IMO after 10pm..............let alone at 0245 in the morning so sorry, I can't agree with you there. Could care less if he has his parties as long as he's not disturbing those around him. When his buddies are cursing up a storm and my 4 year old twin boys are outside trying to play in the back yard I'm gonna have an issue with that. I really don't need my kids saying "f&^k" "s*&t" and "c*(k s*&ker" in preschool.

bullsh#t...I say kick his ass. End of story

This would probably be my approach.

But, since you're a police officer you probably couldn't get away with it.

I would guess your only course of action is to continue to try talking and or calling the cops.

I don't get the passive agressiveness. You are a cop - why not issue a ticket or warning for a loud party and break it up as soon as you heard about it. If you were on duty until 2 a.m. and were able to drive by your own house to take care of the guy parked in your driveway, why not disperse the whole thing then unstead of going home later and calling different cops? Is there a conflict of interest issue with writing tickets on your own neighbor?

....................because I'm not going to confront 15 drunk dudes at 0245 in the morning about loud music, probably wouldn't go well.

Isn't this something you do as part of your job anyway, and that you could have done on duty just an hour earlier (or sooner since you were in the neighborhood anyway)?

And in the OP, you talk about selling your house to get away from this guy, the day after he moves in. To paraphrase Michael Bolton in Office Space, why should you have to change, he's the one who sucks! You have the intelligence and authority to stand up to this bozo, just do it and put the kibosh on his shenanigans.

BRI, how old are the homes in your neighborhood? Neighborhoods, like everything else, has a "life cycle". When they are new, they get people who tend to be good neighbors - they keep their lawns neat, keep their houses in repair, etc. As the neighborhood "ages", you start getting people moving in who don't necessarily have those same values; homes that were once purchased become rentals, property values drop so that it's cheaper to get into the houses - just a general decline. When that happens, it's time to go - you can't reverse the cycle. Sounds a bit like that's the case for your neighborhood.

I love how so many responses are "kick his ass". Are you guys in junior high? You going to meet him down near the swing set at the neighborhood park? Really?!?

Nope to the first and you bet your ass on the second. I have dealt with sh**ty neighbors for 12 yrs and have tried being nice. I got down right rude this last time with them and it seemed to fix the issues.