So our old neighbors moved out of their house right to the north of us. Great people, our kids played together all the time, he and I played golf together and our wives became really good friends. So the new neighbor moves in yesterday, was supposed to be a boyfriend/girlfriend with a 12-year-old little girl. Now it's just the dude in a $200,000 house that he probably can't afford because he and this girl broke up. Drives a POS '83 Monte Carlo that leaks oil everywhere apparently. He has a bunch of single guys over last night and they have a friggin party until 2 am. I go outside to clean up my back yard from my dogs this morning and there are cigarette butts all over my side yard from either him or his damn friends. This entire neighborhood is full of families with kids, no single dudes that are apparently morons. So now I probably have to sell my house because of this moron as I want to avoid the hit to my property value when he defaults on his mortgage and can't pay for his house. Nevermind the fact there is ZERO way he's going to keep up on the landscaping and plants our last neighbors put in. I'm pretty anal about my yard and this guy is going to end up finding out about it fairly quickly. Nevermind the fact that he's a Iowa fan and he immediately says to my wife when he sees her, "I have a bone to pick with you, what's with all this Nebraska stuff?" Hey, screw you pal, we've been here for several years now and you just moved in. Sick of Iowa fans thinking I care what they think about my team or insist on running their mouths about Nebraska when they don't know me at all. I was born and raised here..............there's a reason I hate the University of Iowa and their fans.

• Fire 5

I think you may be over reacting. Just talk to the guy.

I might be, but of course I was raised to not throw trash in another person's yard. Shouldn't have to have that conversation with an adult IMO.

Good idea hskerholic!

I definitely understand where you are coming from, I wouldn't be happy either if I had trash in my yard. I just remember me and my roomates in college were that a$$hole resident until a neighbor came over and let us know calmly what a-holes we were being. Civil communication goes a long way in this world of ours.

• Fire 3