Your 3 predictions for Husker football this season.

Do you think it will be better than the 2010 defense that had, what, 6 future NFL'ers?

The reality is that no matter what expectations fans have going into a season, we have lost 4 games every single season with Bo. Think about how different our reasons for hope and concern have been since 2008:

2008: New coach. We went 5-7 last year.

2009: Year 2. Ended last year with momentum. Need to break in new QB. Clear progress has already shown on D.

2010: Huge expectations, especially for defense. Easy schedule. Most people (fans and analysts) pick us to win Big 12.

2011: New conference, which is perceived as weak. We return half of a great defense from the year before. Martinez has another year of experience.

2012: Almost the entire offense returns. Schedule is tougher than usual. Lost 3 defensive stars to NFL.

Every year we try to find reasons why we should win X games. But the reality is that we're a rather mediocre team that finds ways to lose 4, no matter the circumstances. Whether we're hoping to have a winning record or win the conference, the result is the same. It's about time people stop trying to justify why why should be anything other than mediocre when there's absolutely no evidence suggesting that to be the case.

It's about time you learn what being a fan is all about.

Does being a fan mean you can't be critical of the team when you see faults? Are Illinois fans expected to think that they are going to go 12-0 this year to be really considered Illinois fans?

It's not seeing the forest for the trees. Focusing on what we t wrong instead of what has been improved or what is already going well. It's also ignoring context.

I think it was what the poster KJ was implying or what a few of us were inferring from his post.

There's not much to infer other than realizing it's absurd to slam a poster for predicting 4 losses when that has happened 5 seasons in a row.

You were suggesting that it's about time we all come around to the gloomy side of things, as if we are foolish to have hope for the future...

STOP ME IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE

Taylor puts up some big numbers but also has some crucial turnovers that could be arguably game-costing

The defense looks good at times but like swiss cheese at other times, we could see both single-digit performances and 50+ points put up on us

We lose 2 of our big games and one game that we shouldn't lose, and probably lose the bowl game, en route to a 10-3 or 9-4 season. I am so jaded at this point.

• 3 months later...

Taylor puts up some big numbers but also has some crucial turnovers that could be arguably game-costing

The defense looks good at times but like swiss cheese at other times, we could see both single-digit performances and 50+ points put up on us

We lose 2 of our big games and one game that we shouldn't lose, and probably lose the bowl game, en route to a 10-3 or 9-4 season. I am so jaded at this point.

Wow, talk about nailing it.

I can't stop laughing

It looks like most of us were fairly close in our expectations, myself included. We started the season expecting what we've seen. We entered the season with too many questions and will end it with more.

I suspect the major sunshine jumpers were mostly tongue in cheek. I admit to hoping for much better as I am sure most did. But one day, the questions will be too numerous for even the most ardent fan. And yet I am still on the side of keeping the current regime for awhile. No clue just how long. Let's do this again in twelve months.

I can't stop laughing

Can you tell me what my future holds? :D

Im still unimpressed with Spartys offense. Their best game was against us, and thats not just my bias at work. Their WRs played great and their QB was solid.

Well isn't that an oft recurring theme; "their best game was against us". When does that stop being merely a coincidence or the result of uncontrollable factors?

• Fire 2