Cornerbacks

Corner, safety same thing. The corner initiates contact and stay with the WR for 10 yards until a safety comes up to double coverage. They are all on receivers

Ummmmmm....... eyeswear2allthatsholy

yea, i didn't know how to respond to that..

A transition to corner, safety, or nickle is not a very tough process. These kids have played all over the backfield their entire career. They are obviously different things, my post was sarcastic if anything. But Some people just make it seem like its a crazy move.

A transition to corner, safety, or nickle is not a very tough process. These kids have played all over the backfield their entire career. They are obviously different things, my post was sarcastic if anything. But Some people just make it seem like its a crazy move.

It's an entirely different set of fundamentals, mentality, responsibilities, etc. You're downplaying it a little bit too much.

Green to safety, eh?

Makes sense considering Mitchell and Seisay figure to start at CB this season.

Green isn't moving to safety. Bo said he might get some time there is all.

And as far as CB, I'd feel good about 7 guys:

Mitchell

SJB

Ciante

J. Rose

Seisay

Davie

Green

That's a pretty damn good position to be in.

Green to safety, eh?

Makes sense considering Mitchell and Seisay figure to start at CB this season.

Green isn't moving to safety. Bo said he might get some time there is all.

And as far as CB, I'd feel good about 7 guys:

Mitchell

SJB

Ciante

J. Rose

Seisay

Davie

Green

That's a pretty damn good position to be in.

except that we have 3 underclassmen going into next year, if im not mistaken.

A transition to corner, safety, or nickle is not a very tough process.  These kids have played all over the backfield their entire career. They are obviously different things, my post was sarcastic if anything.  But Some people just make it seem like its a crazy move.

It's an entirely different set of fundamentals, mentality, responsibilities, etc.  You're downplaying it a little bit too much.

Didn't Stafford or PJ Smith recently say that playing safety in Bo's system a heavy load mentally?

It's an entirely different set of fundamentals, mentality, responsibilities, etc. You're downplaying it a little bit too much.

Didn't Stafford or PJ Smith recently say that playing safety in Bo's system a heavy load mentally?

yes they did. But it's all relative in how much you wanna put into learning and mastering it.

Larry Asante. Dejon Gomes. Eric Hagg. Matt O'Hanlon.

These guys seemed to have it down pretty damn good. Hell you could even say Cassidy had down pretty well too.

This is why I've continued to stand behind the scheme and blame it on the lack of talent/athleticism. We've seen what we can do with talent on that side. We're seeING what we can do with talent on the offensive side. That's the thing about football. Regardless how great the style is, you still gotta have the horses if youre gonna be elite. Yes, there are exceptions to this, but very VERY few.

yes they did. But it's all relative in how much you wanna put into learning and mastering it.

Larry Asante. Dejon Gomes. Eric Hagg. Matt O'Hanlon.

These guys seemed to have it down pretty damn good. Hell you could even say Cassidy had down pretty well too.

This is why I've continued to stand behind the scheme and blame it on the lack of talent/athleticism. We've seen what we can do with talent on that side. We're seeING what we can do with talent on the offensive side. That's the thing about football. Regardless how great the style is, you still gotta have the horses if youre gonna be elite. Yes, there are exceptions to this, but very VERY few.

Agree with the above. When Bo has athletes ie Prince/Haag/Gomes etc.....it works. When Bo has guys who know the system ie O'Hanlon it works. (not saying the afore mentioned guys didn't know it) Safety appears to be a concern. Lack of real experience back there. Moving Green (experience) to that position makes since as he is possibly the odd man out in a 2 deep CB rotation. mention guys like Gerry possibly contributing immediately and you see less room for some guys.

As some have stated, I will be anxious to see game time Bo, but for now (for the first time) it really seems like he wants to get the athletes on the field. We get a D like he had in 2010 and we run the conference.