Breakout player of the season?

Not sure he qualifies but I think in order for our D to be any good at all Ankrah needs to have a big year. We have seen flashes time for him to put a full year together. Offensively I'm going to go with Cethan Carter. Yes he hasn't played a down but seeing what Taylor said about him makes me think he might have a solid year and become a nice red-zone target for us this year.

For our defense to do what we all want and many are expecting, we need breakout players in both the LBs and DL. The play in both squads were bad last year without a real star in the entire front 7.

LB will be either Anderson or Santos

DL will either be Gregory, Ankrah, VV or Randle

(I listed a lot on D because....well....we need SEVERAL players to have breakout years to be successful. The group is young and we need improvement over last year.

On offense, we know so much about the skill positions that I think the break out will happen on the line.

We have so many new players here that I'm excited about that it is hard to pick one or two. But, I will go with Kondolo, Finnen, Jake Cotton.

I'm gonna have to say Collins.

I'm off the VV train. The coaches seem to favor maturity when it comes to freshman players. From what I have read and learned this offseason, Valentine has a ways to go, while Collins has been praised at being "a grown man".

The last time words like that was used to describe an incoming freshman, it was Cross. If was is being said about Collins is true, I feel comfortable saying he sees playing time over Valentine.

I really want to see a lot of defensive linemen get rotated into the first 2 games.

Fuzzy I think you are right. Collins has every damn thing you want in a DT. I'm still scratching my head on how under the radar he was. I just want to add one thing about Valentine though. The competition is going to be what he needs. He is going to be seeing Collins and maybe Maurice as well working their a$$ off and he is going to have to realize he is either going to step up or play second string his whole career here. Let's hope he rises to the challenge. God knows we have all needed that kind of thing in our life to wake us up.

I have all the confidence in the world saying that our top two DTs during the year will be Thad Randle and VV. if Collins cans give us a quality 10 plays a game it'll be worth burning his shirt. We don't have a DT that can go 70 snaps.

What about Curry?

I feel VV is better. But I also expect Curry to be in the rotation. We are going to need him to be.

I kind of feel that Valentine could go either way. He has the best potential out of the all of them, but its potential that he needs to put in the effort to transfer that onto the field. I feel that Valentine could either become someone like Suh, or someone like Peat Jr. ( a highly touted recruit that doesn't work out).

As someone else mentioned, watch out for Cethan Carter in the passing game - that dude has speed, hands, runs great routes, and goes for the ball (doesn't wait for it to come to him). His blocking needs some work, but he could be a monster with all the Defense's attention on our WR core this year.