Breakout player of the season?

Breakout player?

Any one catching a jail break screen

What is this "screen" thing of which you speak? I guess I'd have to see one before I cast my vote thusly.

Two years ago against Wisconsin, we faked a zone read handoff, Taylor took about four steps then threw to Turner on a WR screen. That play sequence - zone read handoff, Martinez keeper, WR screen - should be nearly unstoppable.

And we've never run it again - that I can remember.

Carter is actually more refined as a blocker than a reciever. He is a hell of a blocker. I think he is going to be our best dual threat tight end since Johnny Mitchell.

Holy cow. That's goin way back. Has it really been that long since we've had that kind of dynamic at that position? Sheldon Jackson comes to mind I guess, but even he was no Johnny Mitchell.

Carter is actually more refined as a blocker than a reciever. He is a hell of a blocker. I think he is going to be our best dual threat tight end since Johnny Mitchell.

Holy cow. That's goin way back. Has it really been that long since we've had that kind of dynamic at that position? Sheldon Jackson comes to mind I guess, but even he was no Johnny Mitchell.

Would have been Matt Herian until he broke his leg. He was never the same player after that.

Breakout player?

Any one catching a jail break screen

What is this "screen" thing of which you speak? I guess I'd have to see one before I cast my vote thusly.

Two years ago against Wisconsin, we faked a zone read handoff, Taylor took about four steps then threw to Turner on a WR screen. That play sequence - zone read handoff, Martinez keeper, WR screen - should be nearly unstoppable.

And we've never run it again - that I can remember.

Saw them run a LOT of that play in practice 2 years ago- Taylor throwing it on the run. Looked great in practice

Figured they were just waiting for the right time to open up the playbook

Looked like a great series- but never saw much of it

I kind of feel that Valentine could go either way. He has the best potential out of the all of them, but its potential that he needs to put in the effort to transfer that onto the field. I feel that Valentine could either become someone like Suh, or someone like Peat Jr. ( a highly touted recruit that doesn't work out).

Peat Jr. never dominated people in practice the way VV does. NEVER.

Compound fractures have that lasting pain memory about them. Very few come back from them. In any sport for that matter. You guys follow it a lot close and hear things around school. I hope it is on DL and LB. Who ever it is, it needs to happen, or this is going to be a long year on the defensive side of the ball. EZE says it happens, I am putting my money on that. Just some step up.

I can't really consider Turner having breakout years next year, I think he already had it. 3rd on team in receptions and yards, and 2nd in receiving TDs.

On offense, I'd say one has to be a TE, as we barely know about most of them. Also, I think Adam Taylor will become a Husker household name.

On D, I'd say a healthy Zaire and Thad.

I think breakout to me would be busting 3 or 4 quick slant routes for 70 yards after a zig and a zag. :)