Bo Pelini's Job Security Examined

My opinion? In 2-5 years, there's gonna be a lot of folks owing Bo Pelini a big ass apology.

Why should anyone apologize for being wrong? Being wrong is part of life, it'll be okay Accountability. I know you personally have never been wrong before, but when that day comes, and you feel like your world is coming down all around you, call me. Myself, I've been wrong a few hundred times and I'm still alive and well.

Secondly, I think whether you are for or against Bo, both sides still have the same goal in mind. PROVE THE NAYSAYERS WRONG! If we win them all, if we give them no ammunition, they can no longer fire any shots. We would all be happy if Nebraska just started erasing the losses, and erasing some of the boneheaded mistakes we've seen over the last few years. Win them all and BOOM Problem solved.

<insert comparison to Tom Osborne's first five years here>

5 top 10 finishes. 1 conference title, 2 major bowl appearances, 1 major bowl win.

0 top 10 finishes. 0 conference titles, 0 major bowl appearances.

Bo Pelini - Yes, took over when the program was in shambles.

I am really tired of hearing this. You want to talk about a program that was is in shambles try Colorado or Kansas. If the program was in shambles there is no way any we go 5-7 that year then 9-3 the next year. There was talent on those teams.

Tired of hearing facts? Ok then. Bo Pelini inherited a GREAT PROGRAM! It was in AWESOME SHAPE when he took it over! There were rainbows and ponies! The walk on program was in FULL EFFECT and we were known as a hard nose running football team!

Texas had a 5-7 record 2 years ago do you consider their program to be in shambles?

Also, NW beat 2 SEC teams last year, but you didn't hear a peep about it from the talking heads.

Vanderbilt and Miss. St. . . .

Right.... but S. Carolina squeaking out a win against Michigan is impressive (according to the media)?

I don't think that's too impressive . . . but S. Carolina was around third place in their division, right? The division that doesn't have Alabama, LSU, and aTm?

A middle of the pack SEC team beat a middle of the pack Big Ten team. Meh.

<insert comparison to Tom Osborne's first five years here>

Taking over for B2B national champs and Bob Devany: 5 top 10 finishes. 1 (shared) conference title, 2 major bowl appearances, 1 major bowl win.

Taking over for Bill Callahan: 0 top 10 finishes. 0 conference titles, 0 major bowl appearances.

Han-Solo-trollface-troll-star-wars-1300627027V-620x330.jpg

Well Callahan did have an Alamo Bowl win in his second year, a Division title and Cotton Bowl match-up with a Top 10 team in his third year. His fourth year made it easy, but those two seasons had folks counseling patience. Much as we are now.