Chuck Long: "I am going to go with Michigan St."

Lol Chucky Long obviously forgot how they got those 7 wins. It wasn't because of Maxwell. Well it kind of was, but MAJORITY of those wins came from Le'veon Bell. If they still had him in the backfield, I would be more swayed in their favor. That and they also lost Dion Sims. Their #3 reciever, #1 TE. Maxwell is a good QB, but he isn't elite and a great mobile QB who is going to bring a threat to other defenses. Their Defense also loses some stars, like Ghoston, their most dominant Dlineman. They will have a good secondary, but as we know pretty well, that isn't enough to have a great defense.

382 rush attempts and having 1793 yards speaks on who was their #1 player on offense.1942 total rushing yards for the team. Le'veon Bell accounted for 92% of their rushing yards, and 38% of their total offensive yards. Dion Sims accounted for 17% of their receiving yards. These two together account for 49% of their total offense.

Quote from Chuck Long- "He has awakened everyone up", speaking of Urban. What kind of school are they running over there in Iowa City?

He is either trying to be controversial or he's just not very smart. Picking anyone in the legends besides Nebraska or Michigan is not well advised IMO. I like how he didn't even mention the Huskers. Good hire BTN.

What was interesting is he opened up with something like "it seems everyone is picking Michigan." I have seen many ppl picking Nebraska as well, probably close to as much as Michigan, was a bit funny that he didn't even bring you guys up.

It's a month from the season starting, Chuck has nothing else to write about, so he tries to say something to get other fanbases around the B1G fired up...

wooooo, good job Chuck...

Will Sparty have a good defense, yes. But unless that defense is also scoring two or three touchdowns a game, then he's off his rocker...

Quote from Chuck Long- "He has awakened everyone up", speaking of Urban. What kind of school are they running over there in Iowa City?

He is either trying to be controversial or he's just not very smart. Picking anyone in the legends besides Nebraska or Michigan is not well advised IMO. I like how he didn't even mention the Huskers. Good hire BTN.

I don't see why Michigan St. is a bad pick. I do pick us to win the Legends division but Bo does have a record of not having his team ready sometimes and i do think some outsiders are starting to pick up on it. I mean we should've played in the Big Ten Championship our first year but lost to Northwestern and our shot and Michigan St provided a much better game against Wisconsin both times than we did. I do think we can win all our games.

It's a bad pick because there are 2-3 much better picks. Sure MSU could pull it off but looking at things realistically, Nebraska or Michigan make much more sense. We'll see how good that MSU defense is when it has to stop the Huskers.

What was interesting is he opened up with something like "it seems everyone is picking Michigan." I have seen many ppl picking Nebraska as well, probably close to as much as Michigan, was a bit funny that he didn't even bring you guys up.

I guess that's what I found most curious. If he wants to pick another team fine but to not even mention Nebraska in the running with the other three? Like I said, it had to be on purpose or he is fairly clueless.

I guess that's what I found most curious. If he wants to pick another team fine but to not even mention Nebraska in the running with the other three? Like I said, it had to be on purpose or he is fairly clueless.

He's old school Big Ten, and a lot of those old school guys don't even bother to think about Nebraska.

I have no problem with picking Nebraska, Michigan, or Northwestern to win the division, the NUs had 10 wins last year and return lots of players, and Michigan has a good argument too. But Michigan State? Maxwell is at best mediocre as a QB. They lost the linchpin of the offense, and are keeping their fingers crossed some true freshmen step up at RB. And pretty much nothing at WR either. Yes, they have the best defense in the B1G. But this is not the 2009 Suh led Husker defense either. They are not going to flat out shut down ever team they face, and I think they will struggle massively to put up more than 17 a game. Also factor in the new targeting rules, this year teams are going to need to be able to score some points.

I don't see why Michigan St. is a bad pick. I do pick us to win the Legends division but Bo does have a record of not having his team ready sometimes and i do think some outsiders are starting to pick up on it. I mean we should've played in the Big Ten Championship our first year but lost to Northwestern and our shot and Michigan St provided a much better game against Wisconsin both times than we did. I do think we can win all our games.

It's a bad pick because there are 2-3 much better picks. Sure MSU could pull it off but looking at things realistically, Nebraska or Michigan make much more sense. We'll see how good that MSU defense is when it has to stop the Huskers.

did you already forget 09 where our defense was our best offense? According to many people on here if our young defense doesn't gel we won't be able to stop much on our end.

Michigan:

Minnesota- W

Penn St- W

Indiana- W

Michigan St- W

Nebraska-W

Northwestern- Loss

Iowa- W

Ohio St- Loss

I had 3 tough decisions. One being Indiana. They have an explosive offense, and I only see them getting better than last year. Michigan’s defense is questionable, but I do think they will win because its in Ann Arbor. Same goes for us. I think they will beat us. Until we can show that we have a decent defense, a legitimate special teams and an offense that doesn’t give the ball away, I don’t see us winning in Ann Arbor. I think they will lose to Northwestern if they come off a victory from us. I think they will go in thinking its going to be ease and they get beat. Ohio St, I think will beat them and their questionable defense. Two losses at least on their end.

Michigan St:

Iowa- L

Indiana- L

Purdue- W

Illinois- W

Michigan- L

Nebraska- L

Northwestern- L

Minnesota- W

I think their first game against Iowa will be a loss. One, because I think Iowa will have a much better offense under Jake Ruddock. They also bring back most of their defense, which I believe will shut down a below average MSU offense. Indiana, I think their offense will be too much for Michigan St defense. Michigan, the game is in Ann Arbor, not happening. Nebraska, same thing, in Lincoln and our offense is too good. Northwestern will take care of business and get the win as well.

Northwestern:

Ohio St- W

Wisconsin- L

Minnesota- W

Iowa- W

Nebraska- L

Michigan- W

Michigan St- W

Illinois- W

I think they will break tOSU’s winning streak on the 5th of October. The Wisky game I had a difficult time to judge. Under Anderson, everything is unknown, but with RB's like Gordon and White, with Stave and Phillips under center, its hard to cut them out of the picture. I think this will be a win for the Badgers and give people the thought they could be a serious contender for the Leaders Division. They come to Memorial 2and leave with their2nd conference loss. IF Nebraska upsets Michigan, I think they will dominate Northwestern, but if Michigan defeats us, they go into this game with an upset by Northwestern.

He's old school Big Ten, and a lot of those old school guys don't even bother to think about Nebraska.

I have no problem with picking Nebraska, Michigan, or Northwestern to win the division, the NUs had 10 wins last year and return lots of players, and Michigan has a good argument too. But Michigan State? Maxwell is at best mediocre as a QB. They lost the linchpin of the offense, and are keeping their fingers crossed some true freshmen step up at RB. And pretty much nothing at WR either. Yes, they have the best defense in the B1G. But this is not the 2009 Suh led Husker defense either. They are not going to flat out shut down ever team they face, and I think they will struggle massively to put up more than 17 a game. Also factor in the new targeting rules, this year teams are going to need to be able to score some points.

My top three too, in no order. I agree, I don't see MSU in the category with those three, and its real weird for me putting Northwestern in the same category as Michigan and Nebraska.

Q: How will Iowa do?

A: <snip> This is a critical year. Another 4-8 season may have people talking loud. I hope that doesn’t happen. The boosters and fans may be at a higher pitch, just put it that way.

Another 4-8 and people will *start* talking? Start? Talk about low expectations--the sh#t-hole that is Iowa. If NU went 4-8 a crucifiction would take place. :lol:

Q: How will Iowa do?

A: <snip> This is a critical year. Another 4-8 season may have people talking loud. I hope that doesn’t happen. The boosters and fans may be at a higher pitch, just put it that way.

Another 4-8 and people will *start* talking? Start? Talk about low expectations--the sh#t-hole that is Iowa. If NU went 4-8 a crucifiction would take place. :lol:

I was in Iowa City on one of our off weeks last year. They are so apathetic it is unbelievable. They paid a million dollars per win to Ferentz last year. That's ridiculous.

Also, they had dogs in the bars wearing sunglasses "singing the fight song" when they scored their one touchdown. Strange place.

Chuck Long was the QB for Iowa like '81 to '85. He's just another Hawkeye that runs his mouth for no apparent reason thinking the Hawks are the greatest team ever. I can't stand the Hawks and the fact that they pay their coach as much as they do for the piss poor team he fields every season is amazing to me. I won't listen to a word he says, any minute now I'll hear the "watch out for the Hawks" crap I hear every season from all the media outlets here in Iowa. Yeah, watch out for them because they're falling so fast they might crush ya!

I know MSU losses a LOT on offense and good peeps off of their defense.

Sometimes...."sometimes" it can actually have a good effect on a team. Surprising how other players can step up. "Hoping" a true frosh does well at RB, well it's not so far fetched. When other players that are coached well (and despite his "Pinkel" ways, usually MSU is well coached) finally have their chance in the sun, they can shine.

That said, MSU finishes no higher than 3rd. Losses to us and M are likely, possibly NW.

But don't be surprised if they win their fair share, despite key player losses.

Now, ol Long not even mentioning us? That's just plain stupid and "head in the sand" if not recognizing us as actual members of the B1G.

We have made noise and adjusted quite well, considering we have the best record the last 2 yrs in conference. Don't be Short sighted, Long.