expansion news

Whatever happened to UNC and Virginia?

still WANTS by Chicago.

UVA agreed in principle. can't move with just one team. this was not only covered by OSU people but also Maryland people.

Never heard anything about UNC. my guess is they balked. control of a conference is a tough thing to give up.

There is also the Grant of Rights the ACC agreed to.

My issue with Texas remains this: They refuse to budge unless the agreement(s) strongly favor the Longhorns. Everything about the program for the last decade has been "me, me, me". Maybe the continuing failure of Cow TV has humbled them a little, but I have doubts.

How often did they call themselves "The Joneses" or flash that big ole wallet around with an air of entitlement? No one is or was surprised that they were loaded. If they were not, it would be a surprise, given their location.

Finally, you just gotta believe they held the Big 12 together for their benefit. Somewhere in that agreement is an escape hatch clause that the rest of the conference is unaware of or, possibly, signed with gritted teeth and a silent wish that the Longhorns would honor it.

I have major doubts that the attitude at the top of the Texas AD has changed much. Certainly doubt it has changed enough to be a true member of a conference, and not demand special treatment or a super leadership role that no one else currently has.

Should we file this rumor with the UVa and GT rumors that never materialized? I guess it is inevitable that the B1G and SEC will go to at least 16 so likely the ACC and B12 will lose 4 teams, likely football powers. If I were to pick 2 teams that the B1G should add, UT and OU would be at the top of the list. We need football powers and not solely tv markets like the Rutgers and Maryland adds. Also read that the B1G's TV contract is to be renewed in 2016, meaning in order to max out on the new contract, any move to 16 teams would have to be made in 2014 so the new teams are in the conference by 2016.

My issue with Texas remains this: They refuse to budge unless the agreement(s) strongly favor the Longhorns. Everything about the program for the last decade has been "me, me, me". Maybe the continuing failure of Cow TV has humbled them a little, but I have doubts.

How often did they call themselves "The Joneses" or flash that big ole wallet around with an air of entitlement? No one is or was surprised that they were loaded. If they were not, it would be a surprise, given their location.

Finally, you just gotta believe they held the Big 12 together for their benefit. Somewhere in that agreement is an escape hatch clause that the rest of the conference is unaware of or, possibly, signed with gritted teeth and a silent wish that the Longhorns would honor it.

I have major doubts that the attitude at the top of the Texas AD has changed much. Certainly doubt it has changed enough to be a true member of a conference, and not demand special treatment or a super leadership role that no one else currently has.

Longhorn network is failing, and they lose out on conference championship games. Plus the lucrativeness of the state to having conference championship games alternate between Lucas Field and Cowboys stadium. Plus they increase their revenue as well.

Delany won't give up control, and Texas will begin to get desperate.

• Fire 1

Longhorn network is failing, and they lose out on conference championship games. Plus the lucrativeness of the state to having conference championship games alternate between Lucas Field and Cowboys stadium. Plus they increase their revenue as well.

Delany won't give up control, and Texas will begin to get desperate.

Perhaps, but I think any point of desperation will come after Mack Brown and DeLoss Dodd are both gone. Husker fans have long been witness to the egos in that AD, and I don't think they are capable of making a decision, even if it is good, that would undermine their perception of their own superiority. In other words, if they are taking a "fall" that ends with them in a conference they cannot personally control, I think they are only about halfway there.

OU would be a welcome addition. I would have no hesitation in bringing them into the B1G family. But I can name 200 others I would consider before Texass. I don't care what they could bring to the table; tv market, geographic location, recruiting exposure, academics ......I Don't Care. Texass can suck my sack. Besides that there is zero chance they would do it without special concessions, and greater than average control. Did I mention- f#*k Texass.

• Fire 3