****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Interesting to see Sam Burtch as the #4 WR right now. Good for him.

How long until we have people complaining about Westerkamp and Moore not seeing enough PT? This happened plenty when Marlowe got PT over Jamal Turner in 2011.

Might of had something to do with this

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip10m

Jamal Turner, on fr. year: "I would line up wrong all the time ... a lot of times I would be running a different play than everybody else."

and I still think we will see plenty of Westerkamp and AMoore...I think it is more of a compliment to Burch

I wasn't complaining at the coaches when Turner wasn't playing in 2011, there was a reason he wasn't playing. I didn't have an issue then, and I don't have an issue now. Moore and Westerkamp are only redshirt frosh, they will have plenty of opportunities down the road.

My bad, didn't mean to say you were. It was just funny that Sipple had just tweeted that. I agree with you, the coaches know best.

I think the fact that Terrel Newby can be used more so on special teams and that Cross is clearly going to get carries is why redshirting Taylor is understandable. Heck, I even bet we see Newby in the slot at times. The guy is dynamic and there are multiple spots we can utilize him. So we've got 3 guys with Abdullah, Cross, and Newby getting solid carries. We've got to let these guys get into grooves and that means getting them each a lot of snaps. Not just, "oh you'll each get about 10 carries a game." It just doesn't work like that. Trying to get 4 or more backs in there could be troublesome.

Also, I like the sounds of Abdullah, Cross, and Newby in the diamond formation with Abdullah and Newby on the wings. Electrifying!

:ahhhhhhhh

How long until we have people complaining about Westerkamp and Moore not seeing enough PT? This happened plenty when Marlowe got PT over Jamal Turner in 2011.

Jamal Turner, on fr. year: "I would line up wrong all the time ... a lot of times I would be running a different play than everybody else."

and I still think we will see plenty of Westerkamp and AMoore...I think it is more of a compliment to Burch

I wasn't complaining at the coaches when Turner wasn't playing in 2011, there was a reason he wasn't playing. I didn't have an issue then, and I don't have an issue now. Moore and Westerkamp are only redshirt frosh, they will have plenty of opportunities down the road.

My bad, didn't mean to say you were. It was just funny that Sipple had just tweeted that. I agree with you, the coaches know best.

It's all good. I also found it ironic that Turner was praising Burch for his play in camp, when it took him a couple years to figure out that he couldn't get by just on talent alone.

It's all good. I also found it ironic that Turner was praising Burch for his play in camp, when it took him a couple years to figure out that he couldn't get by just on talent alone.

He has matured quite a bit since then. Glad to see him praising the young kids working hard

Biggest thing to come out tonight is Valentine starting. Sounds like it will end up being Valentine and Curry getting most the reps with Randle getting the starting nod because he's been here and worked hard for it, but only getting 30 snaps or so. Val and Curry are the guys going forward.

What makes you think Randle will only get limited snaps? Just curious, I hadn't heard anything that would lead me to think this

I think the fact that Terrel Newby can be used more so on special teams and that Cross is clearly going to get carries is why redshirting Taylor is understandable. Heck, I even bet we see Newby in the slot at times. The guy is dynamic and there are multiple spots we can utilize him. So we've got 3 guys with Abdullah, Cross, and Newby getting solid carries. We've got to let these guys get into grooves and that means getting them each a lot of snaps. Not just, "oh you'll each get about 10 carries a game." It just doesn't work like that. Trying to get 4 or more backs in there could be troublesome.

Also, I like the sounds of Abdullah, Cross, and Newby in the diamond formation with Abdullah and Newby on the wings. Electrifying!

:ahhhhhhhh

Quite a load there..........hope we try it

Biggest thing to come out tonight is Valentine starting. Sounds like it will end up being Valentine and Curry getting most the reps with Randle getting the starting nod because he's been here and worked hard for it, but only getting 30 snaps or so. Val and Curry are the guys going forward.

I agree. Good to see Vincent respond to being pushed by the coaches.

What makes you think Randle will only get limited snaps? Just curious, I hadn't heard anything that would lead me to think this

Thad has knee issues that will limit his snaps in hopes he is healthy for the stretch run in November.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR22m

#Huskers running backs coach Ron Brown said freshman Adam Taylor remains a redshirt candidate; no decision imminent.

This is absolutely shocking to me.

@HuskerExtraBR: As for the #Huskers other true freshman running back? "I think Terrell's going to play quite a bit," Ron Brown said.

I was shocked when I heard a few days ago as well. I think it has more to do with our talented depth, than AT's potential. I think it's smart they are going to try and spread em out a bit. Feel we would waste a year of eligibility for minimal carries. I feel they have learned from past experiences.

Funny part is, i had also heard he was #2 a week ago or so. If you think about it, if Newbys a threat to take it to the house every touch like they are saying, combined with Ameer and the WRs, it's going to hard to spread the ball around enough how it is. So it may turn out to be a smart decision.

Prediction: Ameer runs for 1500 and comes out early.

I can see the logic but I'm still surprised. We played our #4 back in the first game last year (Cross - before we knew Rex would miss a lot of the season) and I didn't think it was a good idea then. If it works out I'm fine with him redshirting. Just surprised as that hasn't been the M.O. recently.

I am not the only person around that said AT was the best HS running back prospect (yes prospect) that we had signed since Ahman Green. Newby is clearly a perfect fit for our offense but I truly do think AT is the better pure running back. I think people can agree with that. Long season and time will tell.

His knee for one thing, gotta keep him healthy for depth. Just things I hear. Having a relative play on the team has some advantages.

I can see the logic but I'm still surprised. We played our #4 back in the first game last year (Cross - before we knew Rex would miss a lot of the season) and I didn't think it was a good idea then. If it works out I'm fine with him redshirting. Just surprised as that hasn't been the M.O. recently.

I am not the only person around that said AT was the best HS running back prospect (yes prospect) that we had signed since Ahman Green. Newby is clearly a perfect fit for our offense but I truly do think AT is the better pure running back. I think people can agree with that. Long season and time will tell.

I agree. I also said earlier that I thought we'd see AT in the first quarter again WY and he'd play a lot. Thus, I'm surprised.