****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Biggest thing to come out tonight is Valentine starting. Sounds like it will end up being Valentine and Curry getting most the reps with Randle getting the starting nod because he's been here and worked hard for it, but only getting 30 snaps or so. Val and Curry are the guys going forward.

What makes you think Randle will only get limited snaps? Just curious, I hadn't heard anything that would lead me to think this

His knee for one thing, gotta keep him healthy for depth. Just things I hear. Having a relative play on the team has some advantages.

Since this game and the next we aren't in any danger of losing it sounds as though we are going to limit TR's snaps so we have him 100% in conference play. More or less Ive heard what Fowler is saying, thing that has sucked recently is the former player ban. Really put the clamps on a ton of info.

Biggest thing to come out tonight is Valentine starting. Sounds like it will end up being Valentine and Curry getting most the reps with Randle getting the starting nod because he's been here and worked hard for it, but only getting 30 snaps or so. Val and Curry are the guys going forward.

What makes you think Randle will only get limited snaps? Just curious, I hadn't heard anything that would lead me to think this

His knee for one thing, gotta keep him healthy for depth. Just things I hear. Having a relative play on the team has some advantages.

Are we sure it has nothing to do with Thad beating up Bo for breaking his phone?

• Fire 2

Gotcha, guess I'd never thought of that. Here's to hoping the young men are ready to play!

I'm still a huge fan of AT. I think he will be great.

Obviously, I'm not fortunate enough to see practices. One thought, playing Newby and redshirting AT makes for a perfect progression on the RB depth chart for the next 5 years. Newby is similar to Ameer, fast big-play threats, and he will follow him two years and then take the reins for two years. AT is a bigger back, akin to Cross, and will follow him for a year or two and then take the reins for years. A perfect progression on the depth chart, getting experience at the right times, and not wasting any eligibility.

I'm still a huge fan of AT. I think he will be great.

Obviously, I'm not fortunate enough to see practices. One thought, playing Newby and redshirting AT makes for a perfect progression on the RB depth chart for the next 5 years. Newby is similar to Ameer, fast big-play threats, and he will follow him two years and then take the reins for two years. AT is a bigger back, akin to Cross, and will follow him for a year or two and then take the reins for years. A perfect progression on the depth chart, getting experience at the right times, and not wasting any eligibility.

I see what you are saying, but unless Cross has dramatically improved his speed, AT and IC are different backs.

I knew you were Barney Cotton.

• Fire 1

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC7m

“I’m kind of leaving it up to him and his family,” Ron Brown said of possible Adam Taylor redshirt. #Huskers

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

7m

Brown: “I know one thing: It’s possible that we may need him for the season. ... We'll see what happens."

Wow. I'm shocked. I thought he was the better blocker - which is something our staff puts a lot of weight into. Maybe they learned from playing Abdullah, Heard and Green all at the same time.

Beck already said AT is a faster Imani Cross. Thought never crossed my mind he would RS, thought it was a no doubter.

Maybe he's just too talented to risk wasting a year or alienating him by not getting him enough action. Newby may not pass-block as well but he has one thing none of the others do, take it to the house at any time speed. They know they'll find use for him. AT could be in the middle of a logjam this year where down the road he could be a major workhorse for us.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR22m

#Huskers running backs coach Ron Brown said freshman Adam Taylor remains a redshirt candidate; no decision imminent.

This is absolutely shocking to me.

I wouldnt say it's shocking to me. I really was thinking they might get a redshirt out of one of those guys. I'm just a little surprised it's Taylor. From watching his highlights, he really appeared to be the more college ready back. The more prospective NFL type back at this time ( :funnyhahah )

Randle was playing solid ball before he got all beat-up last year, and he's been around plenty. Ya we don't need to be giving him a bunch of reps against teams we should dominate, we need to keep him healthy for the teams we won't dominate. If he can stay healthy to play the bulk of the reps against the good teams it will go far.