****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 9m

When Taylor Martinez scrambles, it's a dang scary thing, writes @JonNyatawa. Good column. http://www.omaha.com/article/20130826/HUSKERS/130829108 … #Huskers

Honest question.....is this element of Taylor's game being overexaggerated? Not his running ability, but his improvisation ability on plays that are designed as passes.

Besides the CCG run, I'm having a hard time thinking of many other instances where Taylor has made something out of nothing like that - I know he's picked up a handful of first downs, but can't think of much outside of that.

Having just rewatched most of last season's games, there were more than a dozen times Martinez ran for good yardage, if not a first down, when a passing play broke down. He ran far tougher than he's given credit for, lowering his shoulder against linebackers several times.

It depends on your criteria for "making something out of nothing." If you're talking about first downs or even positive yardage, it happened frequently. If you're talking about huge gains or TDs, it was pretty rare.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 3h

Wyoming coach Dave Christensen said he's "scared to death" every time he sees highlight of Taylor Martinez's 76-yd TD run against Wisconsin.

Count me as one who would consider firing a head coach for taking this mentality into a game, let alone making it public....

Eh, probably just the Lou Holtz approach - every team you play is the best team in the country.

Or Tom Osborne. Tom's pregame pressers in the 1980s:

Reporter: Coach, you're playing Directional State Tech this week. They haven't won a game in 16 years. How do you keep the team motivated for games like this?

Osborne: Well, they're a pretty good football team. That quarterback can really throw the ball and if we don't play fundamentally sound we could find ourselves in a tough spot.

Reporter: Coach, their quarterback has a broken leg and his arm's in a sling.

Osborne: Well, they've still got that running back. He's a good back, and he's tough to pin down. We have to shore up our tackling and not let him get to the outside.

Reporter: Coach, he ran for -17 yards last week against McNeese State. You sure we're talking about the same guy?

Osborne: Yeah, that's the guy. Our guys need to be focused and try to limit what he can do.

Exactly. For Bo just insert "they are a really well coached team" for every team.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 3h

Wyoming coach Dave Christensen said he's "scared to death" every time he sees highlight of Taylor Martinez's 76-yd TD run against Wisconsin.

Count me as one who would consider firing a head coach for taking this mentality into a game, let alone making it public....

Eh, probably just the Lou Holtz approach - every team you play is the best team in the country.

Or Tom Osborne. Tom's pregame pressers in the 1980s:

Reporter: Coach, you're playing Directional State Tech this week. They haven't won a game in 16 years. How do you keep the team motivated for games like this?

Osborne: Well, they're a pretty good football team. That quarterback can really throw the ball and if we don't play fundamentally sound we could find ourselves in a tough spot.

Reporter: Coach, their quarterback has a broken leg and his arm's in a sling.

Osborne: Well, they've still got that running back. He's a good back, and he's tough to pin down. We have to shore up our tackling and not let him get to the outside.

Reporter: Coach, he ran for -17 yards last week against McNeese State. You sure we're talking about the same guy?

Osborne: Yeah, that's the guy. Our guys need to be focused and try to limit what he can do.

Exactly. For Bo just insert "they are a really well coached team" for every team.

Yep, and "he's a heckuva football player." One of my favorite Bo-isms.

@ESPN_BigTen

Michigan's Brady Hoke says defense has made "a little bit of progress, but the bar is set so high." Only 17 combined starts on defense.

Wow! And I thought Nebraska's defense was young!

Crapsticks! I had no idea...only 17.....wow.

Well, my prediction of Michigan coming in 3rd or 4th in the Legends may come to fruition. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

They also better find a solid running-back......I don't think Touissant will be the man. I think NW or MSU comes in 2nd in the Legends and NEB will come in first...still a definite possibility NEB comes in 2nd or worse....I just hope that doesn't happen.

Michigan will be a much more dangerous team next year.....not this year.

@ESPN_BigTen

Michigan's Brady Hoke says defense has made "a little bit of progress, but the bar is set so high." Only 17 combined starts on defense.

Well, my prediction of Michigan coming in 3rd or 4th in the Legends may come to fruition. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

They also better find a solid running-back......I don't think Touissant will be the man. I think NW or MSU comes in 2nd in the Legends and NEB will come in first...still a definite possibility NEB comes in 2nd or worse....I just hope that doesn't happen.

They have a solid RB with that freshman. If by solid, you mean fat.

@ESPN_BigTen

Yes...I mean FAT. And if I am not mistaken, he has a "boo boo" per Hoke. I don't know how long he will be out, but I don't think he will be starting by any means.

@ESPN_BigTen

Yes...I mean FAT. And if I am not mistaken, he has a "boo boo" per Hoke. I don't know how long he will be out, but I don't think he will be starting by any means.

I'm wondering if Michigan had a freshman talent contest and this kid was trying to do his best impression of Hoke and took it to a whole new level.

• Fire 1

@ESPN_BigTen

I'm wondering if Michigan had a freshman talent contest and this kid was trying to do his best impression of Hoke and took it to a whole new level.

LOL