****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

The Darlington stuff with Bo doesn't get enough play. This is how Bo Pelini operates. Just a year or so ago Bob Stoops cut high school kid that got hurt and ended his career loose.

People look at it as a sacrifice (which it is, don't get me wrong) but think how many kids we could potentially win over as a result. Despite the occasional disappointment on the field, this is a great time to be a Husker fan. Bo has really brought this program to a great place of integrity and honesty, and I hope we can keep him for a long time. Of course, he is going to have to win a CC or BCS bowl in order for that to happen, but I am confident that he will very soon.

• Fire 2

The Darlington stuff with Bo doesn't get enough play. This is how Bo Pelini operates. Just a year or so ago Bob Stoops cut high school kid that got hurt and ended his career loose.

People look at it as a sacrifice (which it is, don't get me wrong) but think how many kids we could potentially win over as a result. Despite the occasional disappointment on the field, this is a great time to be a Husker fan. Bo has really brought this program to a great place of integrity and honesty, and I hope we can keep him for a long time. Of course, he is going to have to win a CC or BCS bowl in order for that to happen, but I am confident that he will very soon.

+1 Most people look at championships, and unfairly compare our program to the 90's. The fact of the matter is that we live in an era where EVERYONE cheats and cuts corners in recruiting. Yet, we remain clean. Ill take nine win seasons and a clean program over being a championship favorite and having a guy like Urban Meyer at the helm. Look at the type of people he brought in to Florida. OSU will have more sanctions in less than 3 years. Take that to the bank!

• Fire 1

Dude, she is still not a fan, but the Jack Hoffman deal really, really changed her mind. Plus we have a family friend whose kid is there. His parents really like Bo, so she has changed, but still thinks he needs to learn to control his temper. But she says she see's improvement, and that is what life is about. I think another year in the same direction, she will be back on board fully. Just no more nationally televised Bo spitting and screaming. She is not from an athletic background, so he has been offensive to her. Plus the fact that I did not want him here to begin with may have made her more negative to him.

I am not saying he is the greatest coach, or even the one that should be our coach, but he has done many good things that help the program, give the name Nebraska the meaning we all grew up with. In honesty, kids graduating, staying out of trouble, positive role models and good citizens are more important to me. I never expect to win MNC games or even be in them. I just want a good team that does things right. Represent our state in a good light, and no matter what short comings he may have, he has done those things, and honestly has since getting here.

Just less talk, more action on the field is all I need to be completely happy. Patti is close.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 3h

Wyoming coach Dave Christensen said he's "scared to death" every time he sees highlight of Taylor Martinez's 76-yd TD run against Wisconsin.

Count me as one who would consider firing a head coach for taking this mentality into a game, let alone making it public....

Eh, probably just the Lou Holtz approach - every team you play is the best team in the country.

Or Tom Osborne. Tom's pregame pressers in the 1980s:

Reporter: Coach, you're playing Directional State Tech this week. They haven't won a game in 16 years. How do you keep the team motivated for games like this?

Osborne: Well, they're a pretty good football team. That quarterback can really throw the ball and if we don't play fundamentally sound we could find ourselves in a tough spot.

Reporter: Coach, their quarterback has a broken leg and his arm's in a sling.

Osborne: Well, they've still got that running back. He's a good back, and he's tough to pin down. We have to shore up our tackling and not let him get to the outside.

Reporter: Coach, he ran for -17 yards last week against McNeese State. You sure we're talking about the same guy?

Osborne: Yeah, that's the guy. Our guys need to be focused and try to limit what he can do.

• Fire 1

Sorry if this was already posted:

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 9m

When Taylor Martinez scrambles, it's a dang scary thing, writes @JonNyatawa. Good column. http://www.omaha.com/article/20130826/HUSKERS/130829108 … #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 9m

Haven't heard much about Drake Martinez. Here's why: "He hurt his ankle the 1st week of practice so he hasn't scrimmaged yet," Taylor said.

Many SEC schools overlooked Ameer Abdullah for other backs in region. @RKaipustOWH writes about how that turned out: http://www.omaha.com/article/20130826/HUSKERS/130829116 …

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 8m

A reader asked @tomshatelOWH about Bo Pelini's health. Bo gives his answer: http://www.omaha.com/article/20130826/SPORTS/130829118 … #Huskers

When Taylor Martinez scrambles, it's a dang scary thing, writes @JonNyatawa. Good column. http://www.omaha.com/article/20130826/HUSKERS/130829108 … #Huskers

Honest question.....is this element of Taylor's game being overexaggerated? Not his running ability, but his improvisation ability on plays that are designed as passes.

Besides the CCG run, I'm having a hard time thinking of many other instances where Taylor has made something out of nothing like that - I know he's picked up a handful of first downs, but can't think of much outside of that.