Dienhart: Huskers have one of the 'best-looking fronts'

knapplc

Never thought I would read something like this heading into Fall Camp, with all the questions we have on Defense:

LINK

LINCOLN, Neb. – It’s difficult to believe that this is Bo Pelini’s sixth season in Lincoln. Time flies. He has done many good things, highlighted by last year’s trip to the Big Ten title game.

But to get over the hump and to the program’s first league title since 1999, the defense needs to improve.

And in Monday’s practice, the players looked good. Especially the d-linemen.

Never thought I would read something like this heading into Fall Camp, with all the questions we have on Defense:

LINK

LINCOLN, Neb. – It’s difficult to believe that this is Bo Pelini’s sixth season in Lincoln. Time flies. He has done many good things, highlighted by last year’s trip to the Big Ten title game.

But to get over the hump and to the program’s first league title since 1999, the defense needs to improve.

Any American Psycho gif will get a +1

tumblr_mp2jj24icI1sp0ltyo1_500.gif

• Fire 1
I paid close attention to the defensive line, which has a lot to prove this fall ... Overall, this was one of the best-looking fronts I have seen on the tour.
The starting linebackers are all new, but there are some nice, athletic options who will be upgrades. Believe me.
The secondary could be the strongest part of the defense.

Good God.

LINK

tumblr_l8upypgeLP1qanojl.gif

• Fire 2

So out of curiosity, I thought I would go back and remind myself of what the BTN crew had to say about our team last year. An overview of their comments were:

- Defensive line is very impressive and athletic. They have real speed coming off the edges

- An extremely deep defense with a whole lot of speed

- Hard to imagine this defense not be very, very good

In actuality, the defense was the opposite of deep, wasn't particularly fast, and most would categorize as average.

Defensive line is very impressive and athletic? HA! I think that was the worst defensive line we've ever had since I've been old enough to pay attention to football. Way to be a buzzkill man!

So out of curiosity, I thought I would go back and remind myself of what the BTN crew had to say about our team last year. An overview of their comments were:

- Defensive line is very impressive and athletic. They have real speed coming off the edges

- An extremely deep defense with a whole lot of speed

- Hard to imagine this defense not be very, very good

In actuality, the defense was the opposite of deep, wasn't particularly fast, and most would categorize as average.

1. I hate you, Dirk.

2. In all fairness the guys they liked redshirted.

• Fire 2