***2015 Recruiting***

I agree with the Jackson/Jones or no one. We have enough young talented QB's on the roster, unless you get a home run I am fine with passing on one in this class. I am kind of the same way with Perry, it looks like we have could have one hell of a Oline class next year with up to as many as 6 OLine...but I'll trust the coaches here.

Andre Smith (I think that is his name, the LB committed to UNC that visited?) still in the mix?

Yeah, kind of forgot about Smith. He still seems to be considering us but nothing new. Visiting Wisconsin this weekend.

I agree with the Jackson/Jones or no one. We have enough young talented QB's on the roster, unless you get a home run I am fine with passing on one in this class. I am kind of the same way with Perry, it looks like we have could have one hell of a Oline class next year with up to as many as 6 OLine...but I'll trust the coaches here.

Andre Smith (I think that is his name, the LB committed to UNC that visited?) still in the mix?

Yeah, kind of forgot about Smith. He still seems to be considering us but nothing new. Visiting Wisconsin this weekend.

Great, lets whip em in front of him.

• Fire 1

If we cant get Sheriron Jones or jackson, the coaches need to offer Cade Smith from oregon.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/448390/highlights/195352379

Underrated dual-threat QB, better overall passer than jones and jackson. He hits receivers in stride (watch the hudl film) and is accurate. Even made accurate throws on the run. Escapes the pocket pretty well and he made a few guys miss. Makes some pretty good short passes.

He doesn't have jones and jackson's overall athleticism though, but he's quick and his speed is not that far off from both of them. I could see him running zone read effectively, his speed is more than effective. Here is sheriron jones 247 profile so you can compare his skills with smith's: http://247sports.com/Player/Sheriron-Jones-20074

From the looks of the Crystal Ball picks, we're looking really good with Reuben Jones (DE), Saleem Brightwell (LB) and Mykelti Williams (S). If we can reel those three in, it would give us 16 commits although Lundie and Bussey are now question marks. That would mean we'd probably be looking for WR-OL to get to 18ish and be in really good shape. Although I would think the door would still be open for Jackson (QB), Jones (QB) or Cole (S) if they want in.

When we do take a Qb, this year or two next year, can we please find one who can pass the ball? One who didn't go through high school as a run first guy who could get the ball to a wide open receiver. I really want to see our QB able to hit a receiver in stride, able to throw an accurate pass to a receiver in the flat, or someone who can throw a pass on the run. We have great running backs so why not recruit a QB who can also take advantage of our good receiving corps?

When we do take a Qb, this year or two next year, can we please find one who can pass the ball? One who didn't go through high school as a run first guy who could get the ball to a wide open receiver. I really want to see our QB able to hit a receiver in stride, able to throw an accurate pass to a receiver in the flat, or someone who can throw a pass on the run. We have great running backs so why not recruit a QB who can also take advantage of our good receiving corps?

Darlington if his head is ok.

• Fire 1

The kid Haspula mentioned is a good example of someone we need for this system. Watching his Hudl video, he has very good passing skills and is mobile enough to move the chains with his feet.

If we cant get Sheriron Jones or jackson, the coaches need to offer Cade Smith from oregon.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/448390/highlights/195352379

Underrated dual-threat QB, better overall passer than jones and jackson. He hits receivers in stride (watch the hudl film) and is accurate. Even made accurate throws on the run. Escapes the pocket pretty well and he made a few guys miss. Makes some pretty good short passes.

He doesn't have jones and jackson's overall athleticism though, but he's quick and his speed is not that far off from both of them. I could see him running zone read effectively, his speed is more than effective. Here is sheriron jones 247 profile so you can compare his skills with smith's: http://247sports.com/Player/Sheriron-Jones-20074

His brother is Brett Smith from Wyoming. We should remember that guy pretty well.

so that means updated numbers are

We are at 84/85 including Walton, Willis and singleton

11 seniors 10 if Turner comes back

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Wildcard is Lorenzo Stewart, anyone heard his status? One of the few guys we have "placed" at a juco

Right now 2015 class looks like a minimum of 14 max of????

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

Wildcard is Lorenzo Stewart, anyone heard his status? One of the few guys we have "placed" at a juco

I'd say you can forget about Stewart. Who is the last guy that failed to make grades, went to JUCO, and then actually made it to NU?

Minus

Gregory

Willis

Miller

Singleton

Plus

Moss

I'd say you can forget about Stewart. Who is the last guy that failed to make grades, went to JUCO, and then actually made it to NU?
When was the last time our coaches placed a HS in IWCC? Stewart will be N as long as the coaches stay in contact. However, he will not be part of this class. The plan was to RS at IWCC then play 1 yr, leaving 3 yrs to play at Nebraska. He still has one year to go at IWCC.