Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

Without the fan interest that he clearly dislikes....

Can you give me some documented evidence that shows how Bo Pelini clearly dislikes the fan interest at Nebraska?

Thanks in advance.

Still waiting for this. Thanks.

Jeez, can a guy go have dinner with his family before responding? Thanks.

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/707289859

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has issues with your constant noise. He calls the 365-days-a-year passion a “challenge” for his program. He says the “constant barrage” from NU fans is more than what programs get at Oklahoma and LSU. Thank goodness Nebraska beats them at something.

It seems curious why the head man at Nebraska would call out his fans' passionate ways, especially at a preseason event designed to pump preseason sunshine. But Pelini brought this up last winter, intimating that it was a cause for his team's roller-coaster ways.

If Husker players have a problem with the fans, with Twitter and Facebook and all of the other dangerous elements of a college campus, I've yet to hear them say it.

Chances are it's the head coach who can't handle the dizzying effect of Husker Nation love.

A word of advice: Don't fight it, Bo. Go with it.

Can you give me some documented evidence that shows how Bo Pelini clearly dislikes the fan interest at Nebraska?

Thanks in advance.

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has issues with your constant noise. He calls the 365-days-a-year passion a “challenge” for his program. He says the “constant barrage” from NU fans is more than what programs get at Oklahoma and LSU. Thank goodness Nebraska beats them at something.

It seems curious why the head man at Nebraska would call out his fans' passionate ways, especially at a preseason event designed to pump preseason sunshine. But Pelini brought this up last winter, intimating that it was a cause for his team's roller-coaster ways.

If Husker players have a problem with the fans, with Twitter and Facebook and all of the other dangerous elements of a college campus, I've yet to hear them say it.

Chances are it's the head coach who can't handle the dizzying effect of Husker Nation love.

A word of advice: Don't fight it, Bo. Go with it.

So he takes three words from (assuming) one interview, provides no context and builds his entire article around that.

Color me not convinced.

Thanks in advance.

So he takes three words from (assuming) one interview, provides no context and builds his entire article around that.

Color me not convinced.

My thoughts as well. Where is what Bo has actually said?

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

"Grumpy old man in aisle 5, we have a grumpy old man in aisle 5."

Not grumpy at all. Most on this board have no idea what went on in the late 1960's when Devaney showed up at NU. He visited small towns, went into the local establishments, got the fans behind him. He took it from there. He convinced Nebraska kids to give it a try at NU. The fans bought into it, the kids bought into it. The success speaks for itself.

Color me not convinced.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/pelini-and-players-look-to-limit-riding-the-waves/article_78489e96-3769-5411-8c32-b79c3aac1161.html

Even if its true that Nebraska fans are that much more over the top than LSU or Oklahoma fans (which I doubt is true) there's just no reason to say that. He qualifies it a bit by saying "that's a good thing", but usually when you are talking about something you consider good, you typically don't use the phrase "constant barrage".

Regardless, my entire point is that Pelini gets himself into warmer water than he needs to be if he would just use a little PR common sense.

Not grumpy at all. Most on this board have no idea what went on in the late 1960's when Devaney showed up at NU. He visited small towns, went into the local establishments, got the fans behind him. He took it from there. He convinced Nebraska kids to give it a try at NU. The fans bought into it, the kids bought into it. The success speaks for itself.

You do realize this is 2013 and times have changed a LOT since then right? If we loaded our Roster with "small town Nebraska kids" we would be just like Iowa. Just saying. You want to be good and win championships, you need to venture out of the state. Nebraska can produce some good players. Actually, isn't Bo actively recruiting the top 6 players in Nebraska? Hasn't he gotten 3 of them to commit?

Color me not convinced.

http://journalstar.c...9c3aac1161.html

Even if its true that Nebraska fans are that much more over the top than LSU or Oklahoma fans (which I doubt is true) there's just no reason to say that. He qualifies it a bit by saying "that's a good thing", but usually when you are talking about something you consider good, you typically don't use the phrase "constant barrage".

Regardless, my entire point is that Pelini gets himself into warmer water than he needs to be if he would just use a little PR common sense.

What did he say that was wrong? Its true. This guy is under the knife 24/7/365 in the Land of Huskers. I think we are harder on our coaching staff and players than most, if not all the universities. A lot has to do with the previous success and the spoiling a lot of Huskers have had with Tom Osborne. Many people don't realize that TO was one of the top college football coaches ever. Its hard to replace a guy like that and keep success going. Maybe fans should start showing him more support, rather than consistently calling for his head, realize that he has turned this program around and its going in a great direction. We fire Bo, it will be another decade before we get to a BCS game. I would not be surprised if he didn't renew his contract and went somewhere else, and I wouldn't blame him. I am at least glad he cares about his kids and staff, otherwise we would have a no name head coach.

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

"Grumpy old man in aisle 5, we have a grumpy old man in aisle 5."

Bob came here in the early 60's for one.

And Jesus flippin christ. If Bo spent time visiting small towns, going to local establishments, and bla bla bla, he would be fried by public perception. "Why's he out dickin' off?" They'd (you'd) say. "Why isnt he recruiting?" They'd (you'd) say. "Why's he wasting all this time and not breakin down film?" They'd (you'd) say. I gotta say, you post some of the most hypocritical cockamammy bullsh#t I've ever seen. So much for the ignore function, cuz curiosity killed the cat.

• Fire 1