Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

It's Bo's team. He can do what he wants. I don't have a problem with limiting media or former player access to practices. I do hope there are some legitimate reasons forthcoming about why this has apparently been extended/widened to include former players though. Pretty leery after the crap Cally pulled but am a lot more confident that Bo would only do this for very good reasons.

Too often the media and fans feel/act like they have a "right" to know everything that goes on in the program. We/they actually have no such right. There are tons of good and legitimate reasons to keep secret what could be viewed at a practice. But it's also a double edged sword. If you play it this way, you sure as hell better put a product on the field that is worthy of being kept under cover.

I do not know you so this is not a personal shot at you, but what you said here pretty much sums up the hypocrisy of a majority of the Nebraska fan base. And I think it is pretty disgusting how so many excuses are made for Bo when he does the same things that Callahan did.

I know several former players pretty well

To a man, the LIKE Bo

To a man, they DISLIKED Callahan

Callahan tried to "flip" the culture, no respect for the past

No respect for the traditions

No respect for the accomplishments

No respect for his "supervisor" Coach Osborne

No respect for the fans or their passion

He closed off the Athletic Offices and Weight Room to FORMER PLAYERs- EVEN ERIC CROUCH

It was all about HIM- with Pelini, it's all about the team

Bo's not perfect by any stretch, but him and Callahan are as far apart as the East is to the West

Callahan respects the tradition, the history, the accomplishments of the guys who built and maintained the program

Sratching head on this one...typo my guess

Many people don't realize that TO was one of the top college football coaches ever.

Who? Who doesn't realize that?

Well before the 3 NC's,

Many people don't realize that TO was one of the top college football coaches ever.

Who? Who doesn't realize that?

I think everyone realizes that TO is one of the greatest college FB coaches ever. What most don't realize is that it is not going to be duplicated. Unfortunately most Nebraska fans, if they truly were to admit it, want a TO clone coaching their team. That's not going to happen.

The funny thing is that up until about 1981 most Nebraska fans wanted a Bob Deveney clone coaching Nebraska. TO didn't show enough emotion, he was to vanilla on the sideline, he couldn't beat OU etc.

To me it truly is amazing. Anyone that I talk to that truly doesn't like BP comes back to, he yells to much on the sideline, why can't he be calmer. What they really want is why can't he be more like TO.

BP has got to be himself, he can't be a clone of TO. Solich tried to be a TO clone when he first took over as head coach. It didn't work for him. Watch him coach at Ohio now he looks completely different than he did at NU.

I think people were still highly critical of TO (McBride as well) up until 1993... That is at least what I remember. If TO would have continued to coach into the 2000's and had a mediocre or losing season there would have been people wanting him to step down... I think Bo if given time will lead us to better seasons. For a team to win a NC certain things have to happen, along with the star aligning right.

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to bring these past players in to light a fire under these guys asses and to let them know exactly how serious and important it is that they uphold the Nebraska name and honor of past teams by playing tough hard nosed smart football!! Have them take resposibility and be responsible to their peers of the past.

He needs to bring these past players in to light a fire under these guys asses and to let them know exactly how serious and important it is that they uphold the Nebraska name and honor of past teams by playing tough hard nosed smart football!! Have them take resposibility and be responsible to their peers of the past.

Do you think they don't know that already? Do you think that was not a selling point in recruiting? Are you going to bring in 165 pound ex-drug addict crazy-eyes Jason Peter?

Do you think they don't know that already? Do you think that was not a selling point in recruiting? Are you going to bring in 165 pound ex-drug addict crazy-eyes Jason Peter?

What would you know? Btw, is J Peter the only ex Husker player out there? Actually hearing Ameer stepped up and addressed the team makes this not really necessary. There are people who I talk to that are fairly close to the team and leadership has been an issue for awhile. No player really seemed to want to step up and hold the players accountable. Im glad to hear Ameer has done this. Every championship team has vocal leaders that are players that hold the players accountable.