Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/pelini-tightening-screws-a-bit-more/article_9c89fa26-0ace-11e3-9eb4-0019bb2963f4.html

This move is sure to incite a pretty violent overreaction from plenty of folks who don't know anything about why he did it.

Any thoughts? Personally I have a hard time forming an opinion about it until we find out a bit more about his rationale for doing so.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say (which I alluded to awhile back), that we are starting to work on our gameplans for specific teams.

Remember when Carl said we put in "The Spinner" packages that March in fall camp in order to stop Mizzou? I'm gonna guess that we are doing something very similar to that for a number of opponents this year.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/pelini-tightening-screws-a-bit-more/article_9c89fa26-0ace-11e3-9eb4-0019bb2963f4.html

This move is sure to incite a pretty violent overreaction from plenty of folks who don't know anything about why he did it.

Any thoughts? Personally I have a hard time forming an opinion about it until we find out a bit more about his rationale for doing so.

I think Jay Foreman touched on this a bit this morning on Sharpe and Benning. Podcast Aug 21 Segment 4. Starts talking about it at 1:25 mark.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=981&f=1766411

It's Bo's team. He can do what he wants. I don't have a problem with limiting media or former player access to practices. I do hope there are some legitimate reasons forthcoming about why this has apparently been extended/widened to include former players though. Pretty leery after the crap Cally pulled but am a lot more confident that Bo would only do this for very good reasons.

Too often the media and fans feel/act like they have a "right" to know everything that goes on in the program. We/they actually have no such right. There are tons of good and legitimate reasons to keep secret what could be viewed at a practice. But it's also a double edged sword. If you play it this way, you sure as hell better put a product on the field that is worthy of being kept under cover.

Bo sure knows how to get fans and former players vested into the Nebraska Program. Must be nice that you can shun the fans and media and still have fan support - he's lucky he is at Nebraska and not some other school that doesn't have undying fan support, like we have. Feels like Callahan days again....

• Fire 2
Bo sure knows how to get fans and former players vested into the Nebraska Program. Must be nice that you can shun the fans and media and still have fan support - he's lucky he is at Nebraska and not some other school that doesn't have undying fan support, like we have. Feels like Callahan days again....

Uh no. Actually it doesn't feel like that at all. Not even close.

• Fire 7