Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

I don't remember that old saying. It really bothers you that he is having a week and a half of closed practices. I guess it doesn't bother me. BD or TO never dealt with anything near the media scrutiny that todays coaches have to deal with. I think there are like 40 some odd reporters waiting for sound bites at the end of practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Even in NU's hay day in the 90's there was about half that. And back in 1970 there might have been 10 reporters. The reporters back in the day also didn't report everything they saw if the coaches asked them not to.

• Fire 1

Having players, media, parents on the sideline for practices can present a huge challenge at times, esp. with all the different types of social media. If all of them would follow "what happens at practice, stays at practice" besides what is given out at the end of practice by a specific coach/player... then most of those coaches who shut things off, would probably be a little more receptive.. Just win, and none of this will matter.

• Fire 1

Posters are starting to come out of the woodworks, things are gonna get good.

Like termites......

termites go into woodwork. this doesn't make any sense. and they are bad.

It didn't have to make sense.......

It's there to blow your mind.....

like a termite.

see....

now we are on the same page here.

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsaI10mO_Y

God damnit. If only we had a coach that cared about PR.

• Fire 4

I don't care if Bo holds closed practices or throws the doors wide open, as long as whatever method he chooses has a net positive effect on the team's performance.

But Knapp, I'm a fan! I have the right to know everything! I went to some games and paid for those tickets with MY MONEY! I DESERVE better! Bo should be kissing my ass 24/7 and doing everything I say!

• Fire 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsaI10mO_Y

God damnit. If only we had a coach that cared about PR.

TUoGAGM.gif

• Fire 1