Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

Bo sure knows how to get fans and former players vested into the Nebraska Program. Must be nice that you can shun the fans and media and still have fan support - he's lucky he is at Nebraska and not some other school that doesn't have undying fan support, like we have. Feels like Callahan days again....

LOL

Bo sure knows how to get fans and former players vested into the Nebraska Program. Must be nice that you can shun the fans and media and still have fan support - he's lucky he is at Nebraska and not some other school that doesn't have undying fan support, like we have. Feels like Callahan days again....

Not sure if serious??? :dunno :dunno

Oh he is serious. WAHusker hates Bo and bashes him any time he gets the chance. He despises him so much i almost think he hope's we lose 4 games thus year, which would make Coaches seat pretty damn hot.

lol, I am glad you know me so well. I don't hate Bo, but I cant say I agree with some of his tactics. I think Nebraska was a big stage for a coach with no head coaching experience and no long term recruiting experience (short stops at LSU and Oklahoma). I don't think he will get worse, just not sure how long it will be before he takes the next step. As for 4 loses, I do think we will reach that mark again. I see a loss to PSU/NW and one to Michigan, as well as a lose to OSU in the CCG, and a loss to a high ranked SEC team in the bowl game. Not sure how that makes me a Bo hater - just being realistic with our very young Defense.

What makes you think we lose to Penn State? I had been lurking for quit a while before i joined and read a lot of your posts. Most of them had some kind anti Bo message. And you dont like T-Mart at QB. You predictions are very gloom and doom, going so far as to predict not only 4 loses this year, when we have a very easy schedule , but also that you think T-mart is going to get hurt this year. It really is like you want us to fail to prove your point that Bo is not head coach material. In an old post you ripped on Beck , saying he was merely a high school level coach , and out of his element, now he is one of the hottest rising young coaches in the country...just calling it as I se it. You are not very supportive of our staff at all

• Fire 2

lol, I am glad you know me so well. I don't hate Bo, but I cant say I agree with some of his tactics. I think Nebraska was a big stage for a coach with no head coaching experience and no long term recruiting experience (short stops at LSU and Oklahoma). I don't think he will get worse, just not sure how long it will be before he takes the next step. As for 4 loses, I do think we will reach that mark again. I see a loss to PSU/NW and one to Michigan, as well as a lose to OSU in the CCG, and a loss to a high ranked SEC team in the bowl game. Not sure how that makes me a Bo hater - just being realistic with our very young Defense.

And then he gets fired and we get to repeat the process all over again with another first time head coach :-)

• Fire 2

And then he gets fired and we get to repeat the process all over again with another first time head coach :-)

But King!!!! We need to be running the option!!!! And we need to hand it to the fullback!!!! We need to be giving up less than 100 yards a game!!!!! We need Jason Peter as our DC!!!! We need to recruit 8-10 Nebraska kids a year!

As it relates to the media, Bo usually has some reason for doing it, that once made known makes perfect sense. I will give him the benefit of that doubt and A$$ume it has to do with either putting in specific packages or info has gotten out from a former player that he would have preferred to have kept in. Bo, if nothing else, seems to hold team issues (practice, health, starters etc) very close until he wants to make it known.

• Fire 1

But King!!!! We need to be running the option!!!! And we need to hand it to the fullback!!!! We need to be giving up less than 100 yards a game!!!!! We need Jason Peter as our DC!!!! We need to recruit 8-10 Nebraska kids a year!

Please, no.

If you remember... back in 2010... everyone thought Zack Lee would start since it would be his senior year and he had been the starter the year before. Everything had been kept very quiet in fall camp and the media had been restricted to a lot of it. It wasn't until the first game that we found out that Taylor was the starter... and no one really knew anything about him. No one had heard he was killing it in practice. No one knew of his speed. No one knew of his abilities... he had just been a redshirt freshman who played WR on scout team. I say this to say that History shows that when Bo closes practice and access to his team to the media, it's because he has something really good that he wants to capitalize on secretly. He doesn't close practice to hide that they suck... he closes practice to protect and hide something really good.

I really think that maybe this Defense is going to be pretty stinkin good by the end of the season. I think we'll see mistakes early on, and I think we'll see them really gel by mid season. Next year we will have a REALLY good defense and a decent offense.

• Fire 4

If we lose 2 conference games, we will not be going to Indianapolis. That would mean Michigan and/or NW would have to lose 3. You can chalk that up.

As far as this closing practice a little over a week before the opener goes, I'd be slightly concerned if we were the only ones in the country that does it. Seriously. Some of the negative reaction to this is mind boggling. Hell, i'm of the opinion that at least notifying folks that tend to show up to watch was a class move. They coulda just pulled a Wally World on 'em, waited till they got there, and just had the moose out front tell 'em it was closed.

• Fire 2

If the Journal Star gave the full text of the email, there is no indication that the message is targeting former players or anyone in particular. It's okay to have closed practices for a while without getting our collective panties in a bunch.

The thread title may as well be "Bo closes practice to HuskerBoard members, Kirk Herbstreit, and cancer patients." Just depends on what reaction we're looking for.