Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

If I were a HC of a program like Nebraska, I would close practices to everybody with about 7-10 days to go. The players need to focus and the less people milling about potentially causing distraction the better.

Maybe Dr Tom didn't need to do it to create focus but if this is what Bo needs, so be it. This is his show and he needs to do whatever is necessary for him to be successful.

• Fire 2

All sorts of schools have closed practices for what ever reasons. A guy over on Huskermax said that KSU and Michigan have had closed practices for all of fall camp.

It is either 1 of 2 things or a more likely a combination of both.

1. Some former player leaked something BP didn't like

2. They are putting in stuff he doesn't want the media to see. I would bet a dollar that they are working on a little bit of stuff for the UCLA game. It makes perfect sense. A half a week of UCLA stuff and then into a full week of Wyoming prep work.

Finally as former HS football coach, I know I didn't really like parents showing up all the time to watch practice. It is fine to see people at practice occasionally, but not every day. Nothing I could do about it, but it is a little unnerving sometimes. One year we literally had a kid's dad show up every day for practice and he would bring his lawn chair and sit and watch.

All sorts of schools have closed practices for what ever reasons. A guy over on Huskermax said that KSU and Michigan have had closed practices for all of fall camp.

It is either 1 of 2 things or a more likely a combination of both.

1. Some former player leaked something BP didn't like

2. They are putting in stuff he doesn't want the media to see. I would bet a dollar that they are working on a little bit of stuff for the UCLA game. It makes perfect sense. A half a week of UCLA stuff and then into a full week of Wyoming prep work.

Finally as former HS football coach, I know I didn't really like parents showing up all the time to watch practice. It is fine to see people at practice occasionally, but not every day. Nothing I could do about it, but it is a little unnerving sometimes. One year we literally had a kid's dad show up every day for practice and he would bring his lawn chair and sit and watch.

I remember there were a bunch of rumors before the USC game in 2006, that Callahan was having his players practice (during fall camp) all this new stuff without telling them why. Then during USC week, he let them know that they were going to unveil all this new stuff for USC. I guess he forgot to tell the team that he was going to try and sit on the ball the entire game, just to cover the spread.

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

• Fire 5

Bo may know football, but he sure as heck does not know much about PR. The reason NU got to the point of being a national power in the early 70's was because Bob Devaney took the time and made the effort to bring all of the citizens of Nebraska into the fold of NU football. I remember it well. That is where it all started. Tom Osborne kept the ball rolling with regard to understanding that process. I have no idea why Pelini closed practice and it is his ship to sail. But, his public relation skills leave much to be desired. That is why I do not believe he is a good "fit" for NU. In the long run, I believe it will be his demise. Fortunate for him that the fans of NU football embrace the team and the history of the program. Remember the old saying, "No matter how good looking the woman, sooner or later one gets tired of her bitchiness." Same goes for Pelini.

Srsly?

"Grumpy old man in aisle 5, we have a grumpy old man in aisle 5."

Srsly?

He's srs

Srsly?

He's srs

lol, imo