We have a bunch of homer announcers for the Wyoming game...

* Nebraska fans likely will appreciate the on-air talent that the Big Ten Network assembled for the Huskers' televised opener against Wyoming on Aug. 31.

Lack of familiarity won't be an issue.

Lincoln High graduate Kevin Kugler will handle play-by-play, with ex-Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch serving as analyst. Ex-Husker running back Damon Benning will be the sideline reporter.

Crouch should benefit greatly because Kugler doesn't try to be a know-it-all. He gives his analysts plenty of space. I like that. It means viewers will get a heavy dose of Crouch -- and yes, that's a good thing.

Source: Lincoln Journal-Star

Great, so now we're going to have to listen to the Wyoming fans go on and on about how one-sided the announcers are... :B)

Does Wyoming get the Big Ten Network? :)

Yes, but only NU fans order it.

Still #1 Nielson on Sat afternoons in Wyo

Glad to hear this. Love Kugler. I was crushed when he left 1620. It hasn't been the same since. The chemistry that he and S'ville (sp?) had was hilarious.

I hope I get to either hear or see this game (Will be in Chicago so hoping the hotel has BTN!)

You know you can find this out on the BTN's website, right? They have a list of hotels that carry the BTN so you know where to stay when you're in Big 10 country. :)

* Nebraska fans likely will appreciate the on-air talent that the Big Ten Network assembled for the Huskers' televised opener against Wyoming on Aug. 31.

Lincoln High graduate Kevin Kugler will handle play-by-play, with ex-Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch serving as analyst. Ex-Husker running back Damon Benning will be the sideline reporter.

Crouch should benefit greatly because Kugler doesn't try to be a know-it-all. He gives his analysts plenty of space. I like that. It means viewers will get a heavy dose of Crouch -- and yes, that's a good thing.

Great, so now we're going to have to listen to the Wyoming fans go on and on about how one-sided the announcers are... :B)

Looking forward to it, actually. I've never heard broadcasters cry on the air. Postgame after Wyoming wins this game should be entertaining! :box

Looking forward to it, actually. I've never heard broadcasters cry on the air. Postgame after Wyoming wins this game should be entertaining! :box

Wyoming winning does seem a very remote, almost non-existent possibility. If that should happen, I still doubt those broadcasters would cry. But, on the "winning the lottery and getting struck by lightening on the same day" chance that the Ca'boys get the miracle win, stop by here. You'd find it highly entertaining. Lord have mercy!

Wins what? The ugly uniform contest?

You're kidding, right? Nebraska5.jpg

No we're not kidding

Taylor-Martinez.jpg

New-Wyoming-Football-Uniforms-1.jpg

As far as we're concerned, best looking uniforms on the planet.

This is what they'll probably wear in Lincoln...

151126742.0_standard_352.0.jpg