The next actor to play Batman is who?

Because they cast Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans?

Affleck seems like a really good choice, actually.

Kind of agreeing at the moment.

Did you two not see Daredevil?

I saw Daredevil. Terrible movie. Only sexy Jennifer Garner and Colin Farrell as Bullseye made this movie watchable. I think Ben Affleck would be better to start as another superhero, like Doctor Strange or Ant-man, but not Batman. They could have found someone else to play such an important role.

Either two things are gonna happen, Ben is going to have a complete rebound into stardom playing the role of batman, or he is gonna be the worse actor to play the role since Val Kilmer.

Clooney was far worse than Kilmer.

Snyder has done a good job with comic based movies. 300 and Watchmen were both adapted from graphic novels. So I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

And as a whole, many first looks at castings of superheros have come off as skeptical. Keaton as Batman and Tobey Maguire as Spiderman are a couple good examples off the top of my head.

You might want to add Heath Ledger in there. Lots of Batman fans were pretty pissed when he was cast as the Joker and look how that turned out.

I'm presently surprised that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman in the next Superman movie since he bombed as Daredevil. I did and do enjoy Ben's movies where he's directed and starred in like Argo and The Town so right now I know Ben has the potential to pull it off but as of now, I just can't see him doing it mainly because Daredevil keeps coming to mind.

I was hoping that they would go with Joseph Gordon-Levitt....dude has been solid in a lot of movies within the last 2-3 years (Inception, 50/50, Looper, Dark Knight Rises)

I'll reserve judgement for the moment. He's actually been good in some good movies recently (Argo, The Town) and Snyder's casting has been pretty good overall once you see it on film.

He wasn't bad in The Town but I thought he was outshined by some of the other actors.

With all due respect to Argo, the film was really good but anyone could have played his part. He had like 30 lines in the movie.

But as far as playing Batman, Snyder has done a great job so I am sure he won't let Affleck screw it up.

I think Affleck is turning into one of the better directors out there. The Town and Argo were pretty good, and Gone Baby Gone was outstanding, imo. But I think he's always been fairly lame as an actor, despite being in a few good movies.

I never saw Daredevil but have a hard time picturing him as a good superhero. I like Val Kilmer and George Clooney as actors much moreso than Affleck, and they couldn't pull off a good Batman, I might have some trouble taking him seriously in that role. He'd be better off sticking to directing.

So if Ben Affleck is the next Batman, will Matt Damon play Robin?

then robin's big lecture could be, "every day i come by the batcave and i pick you up. and we go out. we fight some crime and punch some bad guys, and it's great. but you know what the best part of my day is? for about ten seconds, from when i pull up to wayne manor and when i get to the batcave, 'cause i think, maybe i'll get down there and i'll slide down the batpole and you won't be there. no bat-goodbye. no bat-see-you-later. no bat-nothing. you just bat-left. i don't know much, but i know that."

• Fire 1

Daredevil can't really be used as a fair comparison. Firstly, Affleck has had a decade of experience in the industry since then. Secondly, that movie was made before the rise of "comic book mania" in Hollywood - movies like that were acceptable in that era, but wouldn't even get the go-ahead in 2013. Third, it wasn't just Affleck - the entire thing and everyone involved lacked any kind of inspiration.

Daredevil can't really be used as a fair comparison. Firstly, Affleck has had a decade of experience in the industry since then. Secondly, that movie was made before the rise of "comic book mania" in Hollywood - movies like that were acceptable in that era, but wouldn't even get the go-ahead in 2013. Third, it wasn't just Affleck - the entire thing and everyone involved lacked any kind of inspiration.

this is true, just as frank miller's batman changed the entire graphic novel game, nolan's batman changed the entire comic book movie game.

this is true, just as frank miller's batman changed the entire graphic novel game, nolan's batman changed the entire comic book movie game.

I was always a daredevil fan. The movie was bad, not because Affleck was bad, it was just a bad movie. It was too cartoonish like the older Batman movies and the story was muddled. They just did it half ass and that's what it looked like.