SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Injuries are part of the game. A team needs its head coach in a time like this. Very professional action by his father. Pretty sure he is aware of the condition, more so than we are. This kid is tough, his dad knows it. Finish your job, in some cases not easy to do.

This is a great recruit for Nebraska, strong family, mission oriented. Very glad to have him and his family be part of the program.

Get will quick.

Injuries are part of the game. A team needs its head coach in a time like this. Very professional action by his father. Pretty sure he is aware of the condition, more so than we are. This kid is tough, his dad knows it. Finish your job, in some cases not easy to do.

This is a great recruit for Nebraska, strong family, mission oriented. Very glad to have him and his family be part of the program.

Get will quick.

It is high school football, not the NFL.

Doubt he plays again this year, if ever. Concussion over the summer, apparently got his bell rung in the first half. Now unconscious not moving for 10-15 minutes.? Not good. Can't take a hit like that for no reason. He's too tough for his own good. I have serious doubts if he ever plays again. If he does, another concussion and he's done.

Doubt he plays again this year, if ever. Concussion over the summer, apparently got his bell rung in the first half. Now unconscious not moving for 10-15 minutes.? Not good. Can't take a hit like that for no reason. He's too tough for his own good. I have serious doubts if he ever plays again. If he does, another concussion and he's done.

My worries too, but let's wait and hear from his family/doctor before we look too far into this.

Sadly this may be the case. Got to feel for the kid.

My worries too, but let's wait and hear from his family/doctor before we look too far into this.

Agree. He's going to need a lot of time off to recover this season and a RS season next year and he may be able to come back...10-15 minutes out cold not moving is serious risk of brain damage. I work in the medical field btw.

Agree. He's going to need a lot of time off to recover this season and a RS season next year and he may be able to come back...10-15 minutes out cold not moving is serious risk of brain damage. I work in the medical field btw.

Yes I believe (assuming he is cleared to play again) that he will RS and not be in the 2014 QB race. What is the protocol for concussions? I know that once you get one they are more common. But if given time to rest, let's say rest of this year and practice contact only next year, do the chances reduce?

Might be to soon to talk about this, but if he doesn't recover from his injury that he took today, what do we do with our QB this class. Do we still go for him or do we look elsewhere. I would guarantee any other big name school would look elsewhere if their top choice for QB had a potentially serious injury week one into his senior year....

Yes I believe (assuming he is cleared to play again) that he will RS and not be in the 2014 QB race. What is the protocol for concussions? I know that once you get one they are more common. But if given time to rest, let's say rest of this year and practice contact only next year, do the chances reduce?

It can reduce over time but they say its easier to get them again once you get the first one, so the damage is already done. Sidney Crosby took almost 2 years to come back. Prime example why players sit out for a few games after a concussion, you get back to back ones, and the second one can be devastating.

Medi-vacs are usually saved for life threatening situations. Atleast he was breathing on his own, so there shouldn't be any permanent brain damage besides the the obvious bruising of the brain.

• Fire 1

Might be to soon to talk about this, but if he doesn't recover from his injury that he took today, what do we do with our QB this class. Do we still go for him or do we look elsewhere. I would guarantee any other big name school would look elsewhere if their top choice for QB had a potentially serious injury week one into his senior year....

I would guess we'll stick with him, injury or not. He can go on a medical exemption if he needs to (I believe).

They'll have a decent idea in a couple weeks as to what the doctors suggest. Just have to wait and see what they tell him. If it's iffy, I'm sure we'll do some more looking.

I would guess we'll stick with him, injury or not. He can go on a medical exemption if he needs to (I believe).

They'll have a decent idea in a couple weeks as to what the doctors suggest. Just have to wait and see what they tell him. If it's iffy, I'm sure we'll do some more looking.

I agree that we will most likely stick with him..... But is that always the smart thing to do? They need to start looking at if this is his first Concussion or injury like this. I think our QB position is in good hands for the next 4-5 years. So we will see what happens

I didn't hear all the reports but it didn't look to me like they were overly concerned with his breathing. I'm not any sort of medical expert but I'm not sure being unconscious carries the risk of brain damage in and of itself as if he would have stopped breathing.