SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Is that the Big Red Weekend? I know it's sometime in June.

No, it's before BRW. He is not available for that weekend.

Apparently he doesn't get out of school until June 5 and he's headed up here June 6. :koolaid2:

He'll be on a mission trip in the Bahamas June 8-14. I'm sure Ron Brown would love to discuss it with him.

Is that the Big Red Weekend? I know it's sometime in June.

No, it's before BRW. He is not available for that weekend.

Apparently he doesn't get out of school until June 5 and he's headed up here June 6. :koolaid2:

He'll be on a mission trip in the Bahamas June 8-14. I'm sure Ron Brown would love to discuss it with him.

I want to go on that mission trip.

Urban will do anything it takes to a get a kid on campus. Fair or not he does not lose many recruiting battles. He might sell a kid a bunch of lies but they usually sign the dotted line. Our staff makes no promises and tells the kids exactly how it will be once they arrive on campus. Hope we can win this recruiting battle. It would be huge to help us finish of this recruiting cycle. It will also do wonders in helping is recruit Florida.

I see stuff like this about Urban but I have yet to see proof of such actions. Have you heard players complain about his recruiting? I am sure every program has some unhappy players but that is par for the course. I always thought Urban sells the school with the idea of playing for championships. You earn your spot on the team.

I agree. What lies is he telling kids to commit to Ohio St and Florida?

Sharif Flyod was told by Urban Meyer that Urban had been praying about him and God told him that Florida was the best place for him. He also told him God sent him a dream about Floyd that he was coaching him in the NC game. You know? sh#t like that.

Then he gave the kid a hug.........sounds like ole Urban douscheyness to me.

From 247 story about Darlington:

Apopka (Fla.) High quarterback Zack Darlington made two big decisions over the weekend. The 2014 signal caller decided to schedule visits to both Nebraska and Ohio State for the month of June.

The visits begin June 6 when Darlington flies to Lincoln and will visit Nebraska for the first time over the weekend. He'll then fly back home and prepare for a mission trip the following week. Later in the month, he'll fly to Columbus to visit Ohio State.

Darlington felt it was important to visit both schools before he could fully come to a decision. Regarding Nebraska, Darlington said he knows all of the history, for him it'll be more about finding the fit.

"When you make the decision you have to be able to know what you picked," he said. "I'll definitely take a very close look at Nebraska, just because my dad has always been a Husker fan. I was raised up to know about Nebraska. I didn't need to know any background...This trip is to allow me to take a good look, see what the campus is like and find out how I fit with the school."

Learning and spending time with the Nebraska players and support staff is important for Darlington as he aims to learn more about the Husker culture.

"I want to be able to go through the town, get something to eat, talk to past players, current players, future players and see how they liked it," he said. "I need to see what it is and what I'm going to be living with for the next four years. I can't wait to get up there."

Apopka (Fla.) High quarterback Zack Darlington made two big decisions over the weekend. The 2014 signal caller decided to schedule visits to both Nebraska and Ohio State for the month of June.

The visits begin June 6 when Darlington flies to Lincoln and will visit Nebraska for the first time over the weekend. He'll then fly back home and prepare for a mission trip the following week. Later in the month, he'll fly to Columbus to visit Ohio State.

Darlington felt it was important to visit both schools before he could fully come to a decision. Regarding Nebraska, Darlington said he knows all of the history, for him it'll be more about finding the fit.

"When you make the decision you have to be able to know what you picked," he said. "I'll definitely take a very close look at Nebraska, just because my dad has always been a Husker fan. I was raised up to know about Nebraska. I didn't need to know any background...This trip is to allow me to take a good look, see what the campus is like and find out how I fit with the school."

Learning and spending time with the Nebraska players and support staff is important for Darlington as he aims to learn more about the Husker culture.

"I want to be able to go through the town, get something to eat, talk to past players, current players, future players and see how they liked it," he said. "I need to see what it is and what I'm going to be living with for the next four years. I can't wait to get up there."

It has been said before that Nebraska sells itself, Once Zack comes and sees what NU has to offer I think he will end up committing to NU. It also doesnt hurt that his dad is a big Husker fan!

It has been said before that Nebraska sells itself, Once Zack comes and sees what NU has to offer I think he will end up committing to NU. It also doesnt hurt that his dad is a big Husker fan!

Even with the visit OSU scares me. Floridians love them some Urban Meyer. I think this might be a slight uphill battle.

Hey Ed Helms, where did this story come from?

Email from the Nebraska 247 (Huskers Illustrated) site. They send out parts of some of their articles every now and then to their members. This one happened to be a little more extensive.

Email from the Nebraska 247 (Huskers Illustrated) site. They send out parts of some of their articles every now and then to their members. This one happened to be a little more extensive.

Oh. I was hoping it was from a site that did not require a subscription. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...